Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass plugin in Safari 11.1 doesn't work

MrUgoMiller

Hello,

I've bought Enpass few day ago, but when I'm navigating on safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2) and High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199) , I can't use the Enpass plugin and autofill. Sometimes the plugin works when Enpass app is open but 90% of the time it open a new tab with the "Enpass Connection Error"
I've already tried to clear the cache and cookies but nothing is working.

What should I do ??? I changed from 1Password and I'm quite angry that a 10€ app doesn't work.

Please let me know..
Regards.

Capture d'écran 2018-04-25 15.19.48.png

Capture d'écran 2018-04-25 15.20.19.png

Edited by MrUgoMiller

Hey Ugomiller,

Enpass Browser extensions only work when the main application is active in the background.
Should you have a problem with the Enpass Safari Extension, I recommend first activating browser extensions (as you did according to your screenshot).

I had the following situation:
Browser extension worked fine in Firefox and Chrome. But not with Safari: it always displayed a connection error.

After reinstalling Enpass and the respective safari extension about a million times, I decided to re-install macOS without erasing my data.
A reinstallation of macOS is the only way to re-install Safari.

How I did this:

• Make a Time Machine backup to an external HDD or NAS. 
  • Go to Mac App Store, search for High Sierra and download it (around 5 GB)
  • When the download is finished, the High Sierra Installer pops up
  • Simply re-install macOS this way

And - voilà - this solved the problem for me.

Now everything is working fine!

Avec mes meilleures salutations,

Oli

• Thanks 1

OliG,

Je présume que tu es français. Nous allons donc continuer en FR ?!
Merci pour ta réponse rapide.

N'y a t il pas moyen cependant, comme sur 1Password par exemple, de faire fonctionner le plugin sans que l'application soit ouverte en background ? je trouve ca assez nul car cela n'a plus vraiment d'intérêt d'avoir le plugin si l'application est déjà ouverte...

En effet quand celle-ci est bien lancée, pas de soucis de mon coté.

Bien à toi.
Ugo

Salut Ugo,

Non, je suis Allemand et j'ai oublié presque tout ce que j'ai appris à l'école sauf quelques mots...
Et c'est pour ca que je vais continuer en Anglais maintenant, c'est plus facile ;)

The reason why l use the Safari Extension is the AutoFill function. When I get on a page with a login, I'll simply click the Enpass button in Safari, it will propose the respective login details and with a double-click on these details, it will fill in the login form. 

Regards from Munich,
Oliver

• Haha 1

Oliver,

Thanks for your answer !!  Your French seems to be very good, not as my English ;)

You're right the autofill function is very effective but why the app has to be open in background, I don't understand, this is useless. (for instance with 1Password, you can click on the extension, the app is closed, and you can access and autofill your login/password).
If there is a team member around here, is there any possibility to update or use the extension without the app in background ?

Regards from Paris ;)