Enpass Discussion Forum

Import Keychain Apple password

Hi ! I'm an user of mac os x (with bootcamp windows) I have an iPad but I sell my iPhone and i use an Android phone for my password I use Keychain Apple but it don't compatible with my Android :-( 

I want to use Enpass because I prefer to buy it one time ;-) I don't want an subscription all the time. 

I want to import my Keychain ? I do export with a command terminal my keychain in format txt I can't to import in Enpass !? I convert to Csv but again I can't to import too !!! 

What the method to import my Keychain Apple ? Thank's

ps : sorry for my langage I'm French

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

This is very similar to the same issue I have.

This is my first time using a 3rd party password management software, because I've been on all apple devices before (so Keychain served my purposes quite well) but I'm migrating from OS X to W10 (staying on iOS) and I would like to import my data from my keychain (on my iPhone) to enpass (iOS so I can sync it to my enPass desktop).

Is this going to be a feature anytime soon, or should I block out a couple of hours on my schedule for manual data entry?

• 2 months later...

I'm replying to an older topic, so those who end up here with the same question at least have a starting point.

First of all, the Enpass user manual has a section on Importing data from other softwares. Unfortunately, Apple Keychain is not mentioned. The reason seems that it is non-trivial to export data from the Keychain. Other password managers, like 1Password, also don't have a recipe for migrating passwords from the Keychain to their application. That said, there are ways to export data from the Keychain. The best on is a bit technical, at http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/137250/export-keychains. After you have made the export, you can import with the methods described in the Enpass user manual. Feel free to report here if this is successful for you.

Edited by MacFreek