Enpass Discussion Forum

General questions about Enpass versions for Windows 10 PC

niklas

Hello everyone.

I'm a bit confused about all those Enpass versions available for Windows 10 PC.
I used to prefer the Enpass desktop application (not the one from the Windows Store)
but I downloaded the Store version because I thaught it would support Windows Hello.
I don't have Windows Hello already but I want to buy an USB fingerprint reader soon
so I just wanted to check out if I can see an option to enable Windows Hello.
But the Windows Store App which is for free is totally the same like the desktop application and
only the Windows Store App for 9,99$ supports Windows Hello, am I right?

Are there any plans that Windows Hello will come to the desktop application too?
Maybe with Enpass v6?
I'm not planning to buy the UWP app from the Windows 10 store because it
doesn't support browser extensions which is a must-have for me.

Thanks for letting me know.

• Confused 1

Hey guys, 

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the confusion.

I would like to share that there are three different versions of Enpass for Windows 10. Please have a look at our blog post to know the differences between their functionalities. 

15 hours ago, niklas said:

Are there any plans that Windows Hello will come to the desktop application too?
Maybe with Enpass v6?

Please refer this thread.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 4:41 PM, niklas said:

Maybe with Enpass v6?

Hi Anshu, this quote made me wonder if there is any news on when Enpass V6 will be released?

We are currently looking into rolling out a password manager at work, and Enpass is currently in the lead as being chosen (for both desktop and mobile use). However, with the security concerns (as mentioned here and here) to be addressed only in the next version of Enpass, we cannot yet commit to it for legal reasons. I have used Enpass privately for a while now and I really like. I therefore hope V6 (or its beta) will be released soon, so that my co-workers can also discover it!

• 2 weeks later...