Enpass Discussion Forum

Yubikey Support

boistordu

I'll give a plus one to this... or if you use Enpass on Linux somehow integrating with PAM would work too.  Like being able to use PAM's authentication to unlock enpass databases based on user.  If you did that then Yubikey would work (or any U2F key for that matter) as would fingerprint (if you have one that works with Linux) or Windows hello style ir camera facial unlock, (thank you Howdy for this btw works great!)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 3:30 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Thomas Vogel,

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to share that this feature is already in our road map and our team is working on it. Hopefully, the same will be available in the future version of Enpass. Your patience will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for understanding.

That will be great when Enpass supports Yubikey! Where can I find the Enpass roadmap for new features and release dates?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 7:07 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Frosty

We appreciate your suggestion on the Yubikey support. Please note that we already have a feature request for the same and aligned for implementation in the future. However, we’re not sure of a specific timeline when this will be implemented. Thanks!

Cool, thanks! I hope this feature will be released in short term. Just a master password for a password manager is a bit risky imo

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After long thinking about my online security I've decided to leave Enpass and migrate to another password manager. Not because Enpass is not a good tool / password manager. But in my opinion I've less control about my vaults. I want to:

- Get a notification when someone tried to login to my Vaults 

- Have Yubikey (or another hardware key) support

- Have the possibility to remotely revoke a device to access to one of my Vaults / delete Vaults on devices

I understand that Enpass is designed with other principles but for me is this essential to have faith in my online security.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @BMO,

Welcome to the forums!

I would like to inform you that we already have a feature request for the same and aligned for implementation in the future. Meanwhile for better safeguarding of your Enpass data you can also add a Keyfile along with the master password which becomes an additional requirement along with your master password to unlock Enpass app.

Hope this helps!

• Moderator changed the title to Yubikey Support