Sign in to follow this  
jankkm

Possibe security issue with password generation

Today I changed my passwords on a couple of different services and I used the built-in password generator to create them.

I was really surprised to see the same password again that was generated earlier today after generating a couple of other passwords. How can this happen? There must be something wrong with the randomizer or is there some other possible explanation?

I am really insecure if I should ditch Enpass altogether as quickly as possible.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @jankkm

That shouldn't be happening!

Can you please have a look at the password history in the password generator and confirm that same password was generated with two different time stamps. Also, please let me know the versions of Enpass and MacOSX that you're using.

Thanks.

Hi Akash,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately I cannot confirm it this way because the history only holds 5 passwords and I created some till then. I can only see it in one account where I saved it but when it was shown in the generator the second time I understandably did not save it again. So it's only my word really unless there is some other way to confirm it.

I am using macOS 10.12.6 with Enpass from the AppStore 5.6.9 (151)