Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Password Manager Crashing on newest 17134.81

JeffB

@Akash Vyas : you contacted me via PM, but I can't send you a response because of the shitty spam protection !

I get this message every time I try to send you my response :

*** Forbidden. HTTP links blacklisted. You submitted too quickly. You may try again in a few seconds. ***

Or some minutes later, my browser (Safari) is considerated as a spambot...

What a pain un the ass...

I'm about to give up...

Updated report: Installed June Patch Tuesday update (17134.112) about two hours ago. Enpass error after initial boot. But now has been running without a problem for two hours. There were numerous fixes for applications in the KB and the stability so far has me somewhat optimistic. And the Edge extension is working fine now too. Note: Using V5.6.18.

Looking forward to seeing what you have for V6. Thx

I agree with JeffB -- I installed today's June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112) standard update from Microsoft this morning and re-enabled the Edge extension that was triggering crashing before in Enpass 5.6.17 (5428).  Enpass is now back to working normally with both Chrome and Edge extensions installed.

The latest news. I am not sure that is an Enpass problem. I have been having some odd problems with some applications since update .81 and they were not corrected with the latest .112 June Patch Tuesday update. Those included duplicate entries in the Startup list (about a dozen extra/duplicate entries) and rights privileges on the Public Documents folder. The problems were enough that I decided to Refresh my install. It requires that the applications get reinstalled but the data files are saved. The Refresh went well and was quick and I am now going back to install applications, both from the Store and desktop installs. In any event, the problems with Enpass crashing have gone away. I tried the new Enpass 6 Beta this morning, and it just wouldn't do anything, so I uninstalled it here. There were a few odd things on a second machine, that I have reported, and some good feedback yet to be posted. So I think I will continue testing on the secondary machine (with is on RS5) and stick with Enpass 5 here for now.

So I was contacted by Enpass via private message to provide my MSA so I could be pushed a beta build through the Microsoft Store to test a fixed version.

I was contacted 8 June

I replied 9 June

I followed up 14 June as I hadn't seen or heard anything

As of today 16 June, still, nothing

I know they've been trying to get Enpass 6 beta out the door and been harassed a lot about delays and poor communications around the beta, but still, this is a pretty serious issue and is being so poorly handled.

30 minutes ago, Anthony said:

So I was contacted by Enpass via private message to provide my MSA so I could be pushed a beta build through the Microsoft Store to test a fixed version.

I was contacted 8 June

I replied 9 June

I followed up 14 June as I hadn't seen or heard anything

As of today 16 June, still, nothing

I know they've been trying to get Enpass 6 beta out the door and been harassed a lot about delays and poor communications around the beta, but still, this is a pretty serious issue and is being so poorly handled.

I did exactly as you did. And I had no answers...

This is not very serious...

I was contacted too, and after a couple of days (probably time for things to get arranged in the Store), I received an update (5.6.18). And it worked fine for a couple of hours and then crashed again. It is less frequent than the 5.6.17 and still crashes on occasion. So with that result, I expect they went back to look further. As you can see above, I even reset (Refresh) my machine and it didn't solve the whole problem. I suspect the crashing is not all machines, but that is just a guess. 

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Appears to be good news. Received 5.6.19 (5548) this morning. It has been running for 6 hours now, without a crash or other problem. Hoping for the best. 

Fingers crossed!

I've had nothing pushed to me in the Store as of writing this so I guess they didn't provision me to receive the beta updates.

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

The update is in the Store for everyone. My wife's computer was updated this morning. Thanks to the Enpass team for getting this resolved. Now looking forward to the Enpass 6 updates with an Edge extension. Go Team!

Yep, I also got 5.6.19 (5548) from the Store overnight.

Hopefully this puts an end to this issue!