Enpass Discussion Forum

Features request/glitches

zyghom

Hi there,

I am using heavily enpass on MacOS (4 stations) and 4 phones (2x iOS and 2x Android).

My database is quite big one - around 1000 entries (ok, for me it is big one).

While doing some clean up I realized few "missing" features or even features that exist in manual but not reality.

What would be nice to have:

1- find duplicates - now it is only by password Audit but sometimes it happens you have 2 entries for the same login, i.e.

a- https://gmail.com

b- https://account.google.com

Source of these double entries can be either import form other soft (before enpass) or because you end up in different URLs  - anyway, it would be nice to have a function to search for duplicates or possible duplicates (i.e. search for the same username AND password but maybe also configurable which fields to use for searching)

2- rename Categories or actually full customization of Categories - today, since they are hardcoded I need to use Folders but this is not exactly the same as i.e. each entry can be only in 1 category while it can be populated in many folders at the same time

3- not possible to change backup location on MacOS - I opened the topic 2 days ago but till now no answer - in manual it shows it is possible while such option does not exist

4- PIN or TouchID should be configurable with timeout i.e. if I don't use enpass for 24h/12h (whatever) it should ask for Master Password - such option should have both: enable/disable (if someone does not like) and timeout (minutes/hours etc.)

5- some web pages for authentications open new browser windows where there is no more enpass browser visible (some simplified version of browser page) - in such case I cannot use directly autofill - I need to open enpass, copy username, paste it, then same with password - that is kind of inconvenient approach - not sure if this is enpass issue but still

6- I am not aware how to manipulate the fields, i.e. move username above password or below - any newly added field goes below/bottom

7- expiry date for passwords with kind or reminder - I saw that other pass managers have such options

Till now it would be all - I might come with something else.

In general: enpass is in 95% what I expected (that is why I bought 4 licenses for mobiles, and before I went through 3 pass managers) but still some issues: quite often it gets unexpectedly closed (MacOS) - I even submitted the error report to Apple store but I expect from them nothing ;-(

Guest Akash Vyas

Hi @zyghom,

Thanks for using Enpass and sharing your concerns.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:09 PM, zyghom said:

1- find duplicates - now it is only by password Audit but sometimes it happens you have 2 entries for the same login, i.e.

Already in our roadmap for the future version.

2- rename Categories or actually full customization of Categories - today, since they are hardcoded I need to use Folders but this is not exactly the same as i.e. each entry can be only in 1 category while it can be populated in many folders at the same time

The feature of the custom categories has already been implemented in our next major update and beta will available very soon.

3- not possible to change backup location on MacOS - I opened the topic 2 days ago but till now no answer - in manual it shows it is possible while such option does not exist

Changing backup location is only possible if you are using Enpass website version instead of  App Store. 

4- PIN or TouchID should be configurable with timeout i.e. if I don't use enpass for 24h/12h (whatever) it should ask for Master Password - such option should have both: enable/disable (if someone does not like) and timeout (minutes/hours etc.)

We have already implemented this on the mobile app and it will be available with the next major update.

5- some web pages for authentications open new browser windows where there is no more enpass browser visible (some simplified version of browser page) - in such case I cannot use directly autofill - I need to open enpass, copy username, paste it, then same with password - that is kind of inconvenient approach - not sure if this is enpass issue but still

Please let me know the websites where you are facing this problem so that we can have a look at it.

6- I am not aware how to manipulate the fields, i.e. move username above password or below - any newly added field goes below/bottom

Please have a look at the user manual to know how to re-order fields.

7- expiry date for passwords with kind or reminder - I saw that other pass managers have such options

Already implemented will be available in our next major update. 

Cheers!

Fantastic answers!

But this also means: I shall uninstall from AppStore and install from web?

Second, related to point 5:

Please let me know the websites where you are facing this problem so that we can have a look at it.

When any page asks to login to disqus the popup window comes (new Firefox window), which is very limited and to use Enpass I need to go to the main Firefox window to click Enpass button. In this case Enpass is now aware which URL I am looking for and also not aware that I need data on pop up window - not the main Firefox window.

128261918_ScreenShot2018-05-30at16_21_09.thumb.jpg.427612ffaa605ee0f72dea9dc107f008.jpg

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @zyghom

Here, you can use the keyboard shortcut or the context menu to fill the login credentials. Please follow the steps below and let me know if they help:

Using the Context Menu:

1. Right click on the website page.
  2. Click the Enpass icon from Menu
  3. Open Enpass 
  4. Click to autofill from Enpass 

Using the shortcut key:

1. Open website page.
  2. Press Ctrl+/ to Open Enpass
  3. Click to autofill

Please have a look at the list of shortcut keys in Enpass.

Hope this helps!