Enpass Discussion Forum

Chrome Extension suddenly didn't work

Hi

I'm using

Enpass 5.6.9 (151)

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 

Chrome Browser Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

suddenly i think after chrome upgrade, the Enpass extension didn't work when i click on Enpass icon while fill login info id didn't response, by the way

i tried to remove extension and install again and it didn't response also 

i tried to use FireFox extension and it didn't work also (60.0.1 (64-bit)

Same issue here. I experienced this a few weeks back and had to step back to a previous version to get the browser extension to work. Our office upgraded to Windows 10 so I had to download the desktop Enpass and reload the extension. Now the Chrome extension doesn't work again. Ugghhh.

Hey @tdhlawyer

Please share some information so that we can look into this issue:

• Which versions of Enpass, Enpass extension and Chrome browser are you using?
  • Are you using any antivirus or third-party security-related extension?
  • Are you using a proxy?
  • Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?

Thanks for your co-operation.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:30 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @tdhlawyer

Please share some information so that we can look into this issue:

• Which versions of Enpass, Enpass extension and Chrome browser are you using?
  • Are you using any antivirus or third-party security-related extension?
  • Are you using a proxy?
  • Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?

Enpass version 5.6.17.0

Not sure about the AntiVirus. It is a work computer running Windows 10

No proxy

I didn't try other browsers because I won't use other browsers. 

I moved over to the beta version for the browser plugin to work but I have to manually change passwords on my phone as there is no Android 6 beta yet. 

Edited by tdhlawyer

same for me :

Mac OS 10.13.5

Enpass 5.6.9 (151)

works OK on safari 

does not work on Chromium (not chrome, chromium) anymore since 2 days. when I click on the (T) icon in the Chromium icon bar, it says "please start Enpass desktop..." Burt the desktop is already running, on and opened. Also, browsers extensions are enabled and working (used to work fine 2 days ago and works OK on safari).

Reinstalled chromium, enpass, updated chromium, restarted computer : none fixed the problem.

ecran.png

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay.

We tested this issue on MacOS 10.13.5 and everything seems to work fine here. To investigate further, we need some help from your side. Please let us know:

• MacOSX version
  • Are you using multiple user accounts on your system? If yes, does this problem appear in the admin account or otherwise?

Also, open Enpass, click on the Firefox extension and then run this command in the terminal and share the results at support@enpass.io 

• lsof -i:10391

Where 10391 is the port number and if there is no output (blank), please try with other port numbers between 10391 to 10395. 

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @hihouhou

Sorry for the mix-up. Here's the command for the Windows platform, please perform these steps and share the output at support@enpass.io:

Open Enpass and make sure that only the Enpass Firefox extension is enabled, now run the following command in command prompt:

• netstat -ano | findstr 10391

If this doesn't show any result, please try 10391 to 10395.

Whichever command gives the output, then run this command:

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10391') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Note: The value of findstr 10391 can be changed according to the output. For ex: suppose the output comes after running this command "netstat -ano | findstr 10392" then you have to run this command: 

•  echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10392') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on