Enpass Discussion Forum

Opera (osx, stable, 53.0) extension not working

Hi there,

I recently updated both Opera (stable version, osx) and the enpass manager to the latest versions and since then getting the connection error when trying to use the extension. The enpass manager app itself is working just fine, but the Opera Extension don't seem to be working properly. When trying to autofill (right click or by using the toolbar enpass icon) it just redirects to the speed dial page and/or shows the enpass connection error page. I also tried the chrome extension (via opera chrome extension integration), same error exists there. Also the extension in chrome / safari browsers are working just fine.

Opera Version Details: 53.0.2907.68 Stable, Mac OS X 10.13.4 64-bit / Enpass extension Version 5.4.3

Thanks!
Nico

• Like 2

I can confirm this. Enpass and the opera plugin were working just fine yesterday until both an update for opera and enpass (desktop, mac) were rolled out today. It is really an issue with the Opera plugin, the extension for safari is working well with the enpass update (5.6.10).

Version: 53.0.2907.68 - Opera is up to date
Update stream: Stable
System:

Mac OS X 10.13.4 64-bit

The browserextension for Opera needs an update for sure. It's been well over a year since it was last updated. It's a little buggy on Windows 10, since it opens up a new tab sometimes when you click on the extension instead of just opening up normally. But the thing that I'm worried most about are securityleaks since it's been far too long since the last update.

I too encountered the same problem after upgrading.  I'm now on Opera 53.0.2907.68 on macOS 10.13.4

I found if you disable the Verify browsers setting in the Enpass desktop client, the browser extension will work again. Maybe the browser extension code signing expired?

At lease you can get it work... hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Recently, Opera changed their signing certificate for the Mac which leads to the failure of code signature verification in Enpass and thus, returns Enpass connection error while using the Enpass extension in Opera browser. We are implementing the fix and a new update will be rolled out asap.

Till then we request you to please bear and co-operate with us.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Hello,

In order to fix this bug, you need to open the Enpass app, then you have to go to Enpass Menu -> Preferences and disable "Verify the browser" option.

After this, the Opera extension should work well.

(Tested with Opera 53.0 and Enpass from Mac App Store 5.6.9, macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, MacBook Air 2012)

Edited by Lorenzos13
  • Thanks 2

On 6/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, Lorenzos13 said:

Hi Lorenzos13, thanks a lot for this, it is working for me! :)

Hello,

In order to fix this bug, you need to open the Enpass app, then you have to go to Enpass Menu -> Preferences and disable "Verify the browser" option.

After this, the Opera extension should work well.

(Tested with Opera 53.0 and Enpass from Mac App Store 5.6.9, macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, MacBook Air 2012)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Anshu,

Any news on the "asap fix" you mentioned in May?

Could you perhaps elborate on the delay? Is it because of technical difficulties that browsers extension verification no longer works, other than a mere certificate expirations? Are you simply too busy with Enpass 6?

Thanks!
Freek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, dtan said:

Hi Anshu

Any news Mac App Store version will be updated to 5.6.11?  It's currently at 5.6.9

Mac AppStore version of Enpass 5.6.11 is available too, and I can confirmed it fixes the issue with Opera. Go Update!

!! Remember to Check/Enable the Verify browsers setting from the Enpass app if you've previous disabled it to workaround the bug.

Edited by dtan

• 11 months later...

I am using Win10 and there is no option like "Verify Browser" in windows desktop version. That option is in Mac. The problem was noted in May it's been more than a month now still not fixed. I am thinking of switching to another password manager