Enpass Discussion Forum

Can we integrate the PC/Desktop app to use Windows Hello as a login option just as the iPhone app uses TouchiD/FaceiD? I have a laptop, iPhone, and Microsoft Surface Tablet and it would be great if the user experience could be similar across all platforms.

This request was being worked on since last year and I am surprised that the MS Store App version of Enpass is NOT updated to use the Windows Hello feature since they promised to include this functionality in a newer version of the app.....! Here's the link: 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, Purplethumb said:

Can we integrate the PC/Desktop app to use Windows Hello as a login option just as the iPhone app uses TouchiD/FaceiD? I have a laptop, iPhone, and Microsoft Surface Tablet and it would be great if the user experience could be similar across all platforms.

This request was being worked on since last year and I am surprised that the MS Store App version of Enpass is NOT updated to use the Windows Hello feature since they promised to include this functionality in a newer version of the app.....! Here's the link: ...

They seem to have some issues with it, but I would love to be able to use the fingerprint ID in Windows 10 (Windows Hello)

For example, see https://www.enpass.io/blog/enpass-565-for-desktop-brings-you-several-new-features/ or the next post of the Enpass team 1 month ago

Enpass Team 1 month ago

Hi,
Yes, our next major update Enpass 6 will come with a modern UI. But we can't comment on the availability of Windows Hello as the APIs required for Hello integration doesn't work great with the Windows 32bit Bridged app. Although, we are in talks with the Microsoft team and they are working on it. Once we get a confirmation on the fix, we will implement in Enpass.

However Enpass was expected end of May, which has passed silently... see this topic:

But this tweet is hopefull , so let's wait patiently!:-)

Edited by fmb

• 2 months later...