Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Extensions are not working.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't work for me either.

Operating System : Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)
Browser: Firefox Quantum (61.0.1 (64-bit))
lsof result:

COMMAND     PID     USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
Enpass     9009 ipkiahme   30u  IPv4 103963      0t0  TCP localhost:10391 (LISTEN)
Enpass     9009 ipkiahme   32u  IPv4 103976      0t0  TCP localhost:10391->localhost:40854 (ESTABLISHED)
EnpassHel 15709 ipkiahme   20u  IPv4 107067      0t0  TCP localhost:40854->localhost:10391 (ESTABLISHED)

It seems to work with Google Chrome, but Firefox one keeps saying "Connection Error"

Edited by Ahmet Ipkin
Browser updated

Hi @Ahmet Ipkin

Sorry for the trouble you're going through.

I would like to share that Native messaging host for Enpass is an additional component which is required to connect the Enpass app with the Firefox WebExtension through native messaging. But as I can see in the attached logs Native messaging host is not running that's the reason it displays the Connection error. 

I would suggest you; please try re-enabling the browser extension option from Enpass Browser settings. If the problem persists, share the version of Enpass app and extension you are using so that we can look into it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Ahmet Ipkin

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have tested this issue in our lab with the same OS version and everything works fine. To investigate further in this issue, please follow these steps and share your findings.

• Go to Home Folder-->  Press Ctrl+H (to unhide hidden files) --> Open .mozilla folder --> And check if the native-messaging-hosts folder is exists --> And inside that folder EnpassNMHost.json file exists and have Read and Write permission.

Also, run the following command in the terminal and share the output.

/opt/Enpass/bin/EnpassHelper/runNativeMessaging.sh

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Anshu kumar,

trying to get the Enpass extension to work with Firefox under Linux, I face the same issue. I can confirm that the  file .mozilla/native-messaging-hosts/EnpassNMHost.json exists on my machine, is world-readable and that the path in the file is correct. I can also confirm that EnpassHelper is successfully started by Enpass, and I can see a EnpassNMHost process for some time. So at first glance, everything looks fine, however I get the Enpass Connection Error when clicking on the icon.

What I noticed, which might be helpful: when I start firefox from the commandline, I can see this error message being printed:

JavaScript warning: moz-extension://d35a2cae-4679-4b23-bc27-df6cda4eeeef/data/commonJS/sodium-asmjs.js, line 0: Successfully compiled asm.js code (loaded from cache in 1582ms)
JavaScript error: moz-extension://d35a2cae-4679-4b23-bc27-df6cda4eeeef/data/commonJS/sodium.js, line 1: TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

This seems to be coming from the Enpass extension, AFAICT... Clearing the directory .mozilla/firefox/*.default/storage/temporary/moz-extension+++d35a2cae-4679-4b23-bc27-df6cda4eeeef/ did not change the behavior, neither did creating a managed-storage JSON...

Gentoo Linux amd64, Firefox 62, Enpass 5.6.9 with browser extensions enabled, Enpass Extension 5.5.2.

• 2 weeks later...

I see these messages in the error console when I try to debug it:

Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

Could it be that you're hitting to this bug?  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47066984/getting-could-not-establish-connection-receiving-end-does-not-exist-when-con

I don't know if this is relevant.

Edited by Ahmet Ipkin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...