Enpass Discussion Forum

The first beta of Enpass 6 for Windows is here – our biggest ever upgrade!

Anshu kumar

Hey guys!

We are incredibly excited to announce the first beta release of our most awaited update - Enpass 6. You're more than welcome to join us to help in building a better Enpass for you. This is the first beta version of Enpass for Windows to help you guys get a whirl of the latest features.

We know the beta build will have features that are still in progress, the app will be less stable than you’re accustomed to. Feedback on stability, as well as any other performance issues you experience, is crucial and extremely appreciated. You can download and install the beta from here and for further information head straight to our blog post.

Cheers! 

• Like 2

I would like to say that I really love Enpass and have bought it for all different platforms. I really like the new design. Looks more modern and things are laid out better than version 5. Really love the colored feedback of the password strength as you change it.

Criticism:

• Not a big fan of the scrolling momentum / inertia on the desktop app though. Maybe it is good for the mobile experience but doesn't feel natural on PC. It will be great if it can be disabled in the settings.
  • Would be great to see options to change the theme of the app (not a big fan of purple which is the only option for now).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I would like to start by  saying that I love the new look and the multiple vaults feature! You guys have put a lot of efforts in this new version and it shows!

But to be honest, I'm a bit disappointment : I thought it would be possible to have a multi user usage of Enpass. If I understand correctly, the master password grants access to ALL the vaults?

I was hopping that with Enpass 6, both my wife and I could have access to our own private Enpass vaults and connect these to our respective chrome extensions on the main (family) computer... The way it's implemented is awesome if you're single, but what if you have a family? Am I missing something here? Do we need to create a windows session for everyone and switch session every time someone want access the compute?

Anyway, thanks for the beta! I eager to replace the 5.6 with this one!!

Hi guys,

On 7/14/2018 at 8:04 PM, Binh Truong said:

1. When Enpass 6 beta will be Android and iOS

For the Android platform, Enpass 6 beta will be available within this week. And on the iOS platform it's already in the testing phase but at the moment I can't assure you the exact ETA.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:04 PM, Binh Truong said:

2. When Enpass 6 release it will be support key file for all platforms or only Windows?

It will support on all platforms.

20 hours ago, minidev said:

Do we need to create a windows session for everyone and switch session every time someone want access the compute?

Yes, you have to create windows session for everyone and Enpass is isolated in each account. 

Thanks.

Anshu,

I have just installed the newest Beta 6 for Windows (72) via download from build 41. First, I assume that will be replaced, at the appropriate time, with download from the Microsoft Store when it is available. I will continue to test the Beta 6 build, but it will be most useful when the MS Edge extension is available too. Do you have any idea when that will be available? Will it coincide with the release to the Store?

As to testing, I am syncing from my Android phone to my Windows 10 desktop through Dropbox with good success. I will be moving to OneDrive for both shortly, as that is my preferred location. However, I love that each vault can sync to a different location. I hadn't thought of it before, but that is an obvious approach for the intended use. 

Thanks, JeffB

I thought I saw somewhere in the forums that OneDrive 365/Business will be supported within Enpass 6. I downloaded the Beta for Windows, the Chrome extension and the Android app and I am unable to log into my 365 account. Is this something that is going to be implemented in the future or is there a setting I'm missing?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Anshu kumar , any estimate on when Enpass version 6 will be out of Beta and widely available in the Windows App Store?

I like what I see in Enpass 6 so far, but I'm hesitant to move all my data over and abandon Enpass version 5.6.19 in case there are problems. For example, I would be in trouble if I started adding new passwords + data to version 6, but then somehow my backup files became corrupt or unshareable with version 5.

Thanks in advance!

Is the iOS beta coming soon?  I know it's in process, but I thought it would be available by now.  Also is there a general time frame for v6 stable release?  Q4?  I've been waiting patiently for v6's vault features for my family, but my family (on iOS) is complaining now and wants to move to another password manager for vaulting. Please give me something to convince them to hang tight for v6.

Hi @EricK 

Thanks for writing in. 

14 hours ago, EricK said:

Is the iOS beta coming soon?  I know it's in process, but I thought it would be available by now.

Enpass 6 for iOS will be available within this week.

14 hours ago, EricK said:

Also is there a general time frame for v6 stable release?

At the moment I can't assure you exact ETA, but hopefully, it will available end of October.

15 hours ago, EricK said:

I've been waiting patiently for v6's vault features for my family, but my family (on iOS) is complaining now and wants to move to another password manager for vaulting. Please give me something to convince them to hang tight for v6.

I assure you the beta version of Enpass 6 for iOS platform will be available by the end of this week and I hope you and your family like the new UI and Features.

Thanks for your patience.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying your beta right now. Awsome. 

Many of the requested features are now available.  

Thanks for TEMPLATE. I Was becoming crazy by duplicating things, and my vault is right now a mess because of that. This will help me Fix it.

Now some question:

- Can I Cloud Sync E6 with the same account of E5 without causing Any Trouble?

- In case of multi-vaults, What will be the master password requested? (I suppose the one of the primary vault, but I need to be sure). 

-When I unlock the primary vault with his password also the others are opened too. Is it possible to set E6 so that it require the password EVERY time Vault-switch append?

- Do you have a more precise release date for E6 than "by the end of october"? Any update about that?

Thanks. E6 is  one of the biggest update ever, and I love it already.

Hi @Emilio Rinaudo 

Thanks for trying the beta version. 

16 hours ago, Emilio Rinaudo said:

- Can I Cloud Sync E6 with the same account of E5 without causing Any Trouble?

Yes, you can! As Enpass 6 will be installed as a separate, parallel application that will not interfere with your existing Enpass installation and it's database locally or cloud.

- In case of multi-vaults, What will be the master password requested? (I suppose the one of the primary vault, but I need to be sure). 

It requires the password of the Primary vault.

When I unlock the primary vault with his password also the others are opened too. Is it possible to set E6 so that it require the password EVERY time Vault-switch append?

Yes, unlocking the Primary vault unlock the other vaults too. However, I've forwarded your suggestion to the concerned desk.

- Do you have a more precise release date for E6 than "by the end of october"? Any update about that?

At the moment I can't assure you any ETA.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Although I am really looking forward to the new version, I can appreciate not just throwing an application out there just to get it out there.  This just reinforces my decision to switch to Enpass!  Take your time and release a quality product, unlike some places that just toss out something only to have to pull it back after it does something majorly unexpected and piss a lot of people off.

Keep up the great work!!!!

Ben

• Like 2
  • Confused 1