Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass6 some issues

Gilrich

Thank you for finally releasing Enpass6.
I found a couple of issues:

• dark mode needs a complete restart of the app. You should tell the users.
  • Enpass6 intercepts the Alt Gr + 2 keyboard "shortcut" to open the app. However, this combination is used to type the @-sign on Swiss keyboards. Therefore it's no longer possible to type any email address.
  • The Windows Hello prompt hides behind the Enpass6 main window

I can also confirm the dark mode complete restart. You can't just click the close button, you have to go to the taskbar, Right-Click Enpass icon > Exit, then restart.

In the main window, if you have a precision touchpad (eg Surface Pro Type Cover), the scrolling is far to sensitive. You can actively scroll like normal, but once you take your fingers off to stop scrolling, the "momentum" picks up and sends the list scrolling again.

Seems like a big update, I'm excited to see the final product!

Enpass 6 is crashing constantly on my Surface Pro with the latest RS4 release (17134.112). On my RS5 test machine, it doesn't crash but won't open a backup file, reporting Incorrect password. Also on the RS5 chain, I was able to create a new vault, but it crashed when trying to add a new entry; then appears the data store is corrupt, as incorrect password is reported when trying to reopen. Interestingly, it did open my OneDrive store from Enpass 5. However, it thinks there are three primary vaults, all with most of the same OneDrive data (only 112 of 177 items appear). I can create a new vault and add items to it or to any of the other vaults.

Edited by JeffB

Hi guys,

On 6/14/2018 at 6:13 PM, Gilrich said:
  • dark mode needs a complete restart of the app. You should tell the users.

On 6/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, jrhawley said:

I can also confirm the dark mode complete restart. You can't just click the close button, you have to go to the taskbar, Right-Click Enpass icon > Exit, then restart.

We will improve this functionality in the next update.

Enpass6 intercepts the Alt Gr + 2 keyboard "shortcut" to open the app. However, this combination is used to type the @-sign on Swiss keyboards. Therefore it's no longer possible to type any email address.

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will fix it in the next update.

• The Windows Hello prompt hides behind the Enpass6 main window

In the main window, if you have a precision touchpad (eg Surface Pro Type Cover), the scrolling is far to sensitive. You can actively scroll like normal, but once you take your fingers off to stop scrolling, the "momentum" picks up and sends the list scrolling again.

We'll look into these issues.

Cheers, and keep reporting.

• 3 months later...

Seems like a big update, I'm excited to see the final product!

I have an HP laptop and it gives me good service for a  long time. In an accident, the touchpad has been damaged and take good service on hp touchpad not working. But I could not run the laptop because I have found its RAM issue. Any idea where I got good RAM for my laptop?