Enpass Discussion Forum

First impressions

hkimgt

Hi, I just installed the new Beta and it's looking good so far. It's a bummer that WebDAV sync and Firefox support isn't ready yet but hopefully in the next beta it will be.

Just wanted to give a few of my first impressions of some things I noticed.

No autofocus on search bar while changing icons: When you go to change an icon, it displays a new sliding area with the images and a search bar at the top, it would be nice if it autofocus so we can start searching immediately and avoid a click.

While editing an entry, Esc doesn't close: If you're on settings or changing an icon, pressing the Esc key will close the option and take you back. If you're editing an entry, pressing Esc won't do anything.

Importing credit cards changes the type of card: On Enpass 5, the credit card entries had an special field called "Type" and it was a dropdown with options as Visa, Mastercard, etc... On Enpass 6, that kind of field is gone so importing credit cards show the new Type as "discover - Discover".

Crash after importing backup: This has been reported already. After importing a backup from Enpass 5, the app crashes and requires a restart.

Display different categories per vault: While you can add new categories per vault, the default categories will display the same way for all vaults. For example, I don't use a "Travel" category on my work vault but I do use it on my personal vault, but if I hide it, it will hide it on both vaults.

Changing vaults resets the view on the sidebar: I like to minimize the "Password Audit" section on the sidebar, but if I change vaults, it will reset the view and expand again the "Password Audit" section.

Those are the first things I noticed but I like where this is going, specially having more icons! Hopefully the next beta will have more features to explore.

Edited by hkimgt
  • Thanks 1

Hi @hkimgt,

Thank you for trying the beta version and the feedback. Much Appreciated.:)

I've noted down these issue in the bug tracker and notified the dev team to look into it. 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, hkimgt said:

Crash after importing backup: This has been reported already. After importing a backup from Enpass 5, the app crashes and requires a restart.

Please share some more info so that we can investigate further.

• On which all platform (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Have you created all items in Enpass 5 or some of them in an older version of Enpass?

Keep us posted if you have any feedback or suggestion.

Well I followed the wizard to import a backup. I created one with Enpass 5.6.9 and used that one in Enpass 6 Beta.

After importing the backup, the app froze and I had to close it from task manager and when I opened it again, all my data was there. I've been using Enpass for a while so I guess some items were created a long time ago with previous versions.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 version 17134.81.

Thanks for checking in.