Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows Hello improvements

niklas

Hi everyone.
I'm testing the Enpass 6 beta and I recently bought a fingerprint scanner.
When Enpass is locked and I want to unlock it I can either type in my master password
or choose the smile icon where I can login with my fingerprint.
But the problem is that when I click that, there's a new process visible in the task bar
but you have to open it manually and you can then unlock it with your fingerprint.

The best and most comfortable way would be if you just have to press a combination
you set up in the Enpass browser extension configuration and it auto-fills (what it also does at the moment)
even if Enpass is locked.

So what I mean by that:
When I visit a website where I have to login, I just press the combination which I've set up
and then Windows Hello prompts me to scan my finger with the fingerprint reader without any other things to do.
So it would be nice if Enpass automatically uses Windows Hello instead of the password so you
don't have to choose the smile icon and then the Windows Hello form should show up without having to open it manually.

I hope I explained it well.
Please let me know if you can do anything to improve this scenario.

Thanks.

image.png

image.png

Hi,
I don't know why but somehow it now automatically opens the Windows Hello dialogue,
so I think this was just a temporary bug. But it would be nice if you could set Windows Hello as primary method for unlocking Enpass
if someone has Windows Hello set up. So that you don't have to click on the Windows Hello smile icon before.