Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill

bouille57

Hi there,

I did not see this topic but maybe I'm wrong don't hesitate to tell me if it is duplicate. 

I wanted to know if there is in the roadmap the autofill feature (already via a shortcut). 

Also wanted to know if you plan to make something like Dashlane or other password manager (a icon in the form in order to choose what to fill) ?

Thanks,

Thomas. 

There is a sort of autofill feature included aleady, at least in android. You can add either a notification to appear whenever it detects a supported app, or a keyboard that contains a fill button.

Personally, I dislike both of these. I'd like a solution like Lastpass which has a floating popup you can call on demand to either autofill, or copy the relevant fields to your clipboard and you paste them yourselves. Or even a minimal keyboard that has this instead, so you can select the account, then either it autofills, or you can copy the credentials manually.

It is a great solution, but the only problem is it doesnt work with every app. Which is a problem for things like firefox web browser, which enpass can't detect. I think one of the nicest solutions would be something like keepass2android has, with a simple keyboard thing, with simply a username and password fill button.

@TheOrangeOne with Enpass there is already a keyboard on Android device. 

I was more talking about the Desktop app because I have some trouble to fill identity form for example and with Dashlane or Lastpass it is really easy to handle with the icon in the form. 

For android app, notification is really great but yes floating popup could be even better.