Enpass Discussion Forum

Win10 desktop beta feedback

Fredrik

Hello guys, 

What a great new manager! I love it.

You asked for some feedback and I have some:

• Alt Gr + 2 is for some reason now a keyboard shortcut to open the manager.  This is also the shortcut for @ on my keyboard, and now I can't type @ any more. (Scandinavian/Norwegian layout)
  • It would be nice if there was a mouse-over tooltip for these boxes:

image.png.9a9f9b6bc4e367e5bd06588be7d0205c.png

So I can figure out what they are for without clicking them.

Thats it for today!

Edited by Fredrik
typo, keyboard layout
  • Like 2

I have also seen that I have to type in the authorisation-code to pair the browser extension with the desktop-application a number of times now. I assume this is suposed to be a one-time-thing, and I think I have done it four times now.

Some more ideas came to my mind:

• It would be nice if each login with a URL got the favicon from that site as its icon, instead of me having to set every icon maunally (which I don't)
  • Like 1

Is it possible or will it be possible to open each vault independently? If this is possible it would nice to open multiple copies of enpass. One for each vault as an example.

Edited by Robert
puncutation

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Robert

Thanks for writing in. 

18 hours ago, Robert said:

Is it possible or will it be possible to open each vault independently?

No, this won't be available in the update. Once you unlock the primary vault, all the vaults will be unlocked and the only time you'll need the password for another vault will be when you share the vault with someone or when you change the vault password. Reason being, if you need to use more passwords, it negates the use of Enpass of remembering all the passwords for you.

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if the "new login"-button defaults to the current selected vault for saving new logins.

i.e. I have a "work"-vault, which I have selected when im at work. Now when I create new logins it still defaults to "Primary" and not "work", which would save me a click with the mouse.

Also in the same line. When I create  new login I usually select the "Default"-template, instead of searching for a relevant template (if it exists at all (NGINX-template!)). It would be nice if I could just hit ENTER in the search field and automaticly select the "Default"-template, saving me another click with the mouse!

Hi @Fredrik,

Thanks for your suggestion.

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

It would be nice if the "new login"-button defaults to the current selected vault for saving new logins.

i.e. I have a "work"-vault, which I have selected when im at work. Now when I create new logins it still defaults to "Primary" and not "work", which would save me a click with the mouse.

Also in the same line. When I create  new login I usually select the "Default"-template, instead of searching for a relevant template (if it exists at all (NGINX-template!)). It would be nice if I could just hit ENTER in the search field and automaticly select the "Default"-template, saving me another click with the mouse!

I've noted it down and forwarded to the concerned team.

Cheers!