Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Beta 2 for Traditional Windows is now available

Vikram Dabas

Hi Enpassians,

We are pleased to announce the second beta for Traditional Windows. This release brings some new features and includes the bug fixes reported in the previous version. The complete change-log is here:

What's new

• Custom Categories and Custom Templates- Now you can define your own custom categories and templates in company with our existing categories.
  • More cloud options to sync with- Along with the Dropbox, now you can configure sync with iCloud, Google Drive, and OneDrive. 
  • Firefox browser extension- Enjoy hassle-free browsing on Firefox browser as well. You can download the extensions from here.

Improvements

• Blue color for Enpass: Yes, the blue color for Enpass is back once again. We introduced the Enpass 6 beta in a new purple theme, and received a lot of feedback on this. But many of our users insisted to bring back the 'Blue' color again as in Enpass 5 and here we are with their demand.
  • Improved the auto-filling via Enpass Assistant.
  • Improved the database and sync functionality.
  • Minor improvements.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Enpass 6 beta was crashing or didn't restore the complete database of previous Enpass versions.
  • While importing previous databases, Enpass 6 Beta didn't restore the credit card Type correctly,  now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where search lost the auto-focus while changing the icon of an item.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking Show Password, displays the password instead of concealed bullets on reopening of the app.
  • There was an issue where the dialogues in the dark theme were shown empty. Fixed.
  • There was an issue in scrolling where once scrolled, the scroller stopped at the bottom.
  • An issue where changing the vault resets the sidebar, fixed.
  • An issue where Alt Gr+2 opened the app, fixed.
  • Other minor fixes.

NOTE: After the release of Beta 1, we've done significant changes in the database. So before installing the Beta 2, we strongly recommend to completely wipe the database of existing Enpass Beta app from both device and Dropbox (if sync is enabled) and start again with a fresh setup.

Download link - Enpass Beta 2 for Traditional Windows

Explore these excellent features and don't forget to share the feedback or report the bugs to keeps our developers engaged. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

Completely uninstalled the first beta using Revo, including registry entries, went to Dropbox & deleted the folder; installed the beta 2 & activated OneDrive syncing & its stuck on it every since. I tried closing & re-launching the app but the OneDrive sync is just ain't happening; thoughts?

26 minutes ago, Karthikeyan said:

Completely uninstalled the first beta using Revo, including registry entries, went to Dropbox & deleted the folder; installed the beta 2 & activated OneDrive syncing & its stuck on it every since. I tried closing & re-launching the app but the OneDrive sync is just ain't happening; thoughts?

Apparently, the My Documents folder was still having stuff from beta 1 installation; I just deleted everything from the My Documents Enpass 6 folder, started from scratch & now I am able to sync with OneDrive just fine.

Hello,

I'm currently using the Enpass v5.

And, because the beta v6 seems to be able for working in parallel with the v5, I've installed the beta.

Install successful, but when the beta is launched, it crashes immediately without any error messages.

How can I understand why the beta crashes on my W10 and how can I use the beta as testing platform?

Regards,

André,

Capture.PNG

Great update,
Most of the bugs I had are gone.

But there are some more:

• I restored a backup from Enpass 5 where I had 96 entries, Enpass6 only shows 74 however.
  • Windows Hello is still not working properly. The prompt still hides behind the main window and I have to scan my face multiple times to unlock Enpass

Coming on nicely. Thanks for switching on the one drive sync integration. Just one question before i test this - i assume that Version 6 does not use the same sync files as version 5 ? In other words, if i configure V6 to sync with the same onedrive account as V5, V6 wont affect the V5 files already present ?

• 1 month later...

Looks good.

Just something what confuses me abit. You can add attachments to any entries.

For example I do have passport data filed. Now I want to attach a jpg/pdf/bmp or any graphics to the data.

I can see there is an attachment but I can not see the file.

Did I do something wrong or is an preview of some sort added later to the beta? It would be handy to view an attachment on the Windows version, as well as on the mobile phone.

Edited by SamTe