Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync failed with iCloud

JFL35

Hello,

The sync using iCloud doesn't work for now two weeks...

Running Enpass desktop v5.6.9 on my MBP with macOS 10.13.05, and Enpass v5.5.8 on my iOS devices (with iOS 11.4), I didn't have iCloud sync pb for years untill end of june...

I already tried, with no success, to disconnect/reconnect iCloud on both, and also remove iCloud backup...

Now when I try to disconnect/reconnect iCloud on macOS, I have "Error code: -116".

Any ideas ?

TIA

Joachim.

• Like 1

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @JFL35

Please follow these quick troubleshooting steps and let me know if it works out:

1. Open Enpass--> Settings--> Sync--> Disable.
  2. Go to device/system settings--> iCloud--> iCloud drive--> Turn off the iCloud drive and turn it on again.
  3. Now turn on the sync and check.

Hope this helps!

Hello Akash,

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem...

I disable sync, turn off/on iCloud Drive, and enable sync again on both devices (Mac and iPhone). When I then launch Enpass on the Mac it creates a sync copy on iCloud Drive, but it didn't sync neither on the iPhone nor update the file timestamp on iCloud drive. I added an entry on Enpass iPhone but nothing sync and the new entry doesn't arrived on the Mac...

The only good point is that I do not have error 116 anymore...

Any new idea ?

Joachim.

Hello,

Quick update of the situation...

With the same configuration (Mac & iOS) and changing only iCloud by GoogleDrive, no more sync issues...
So it seems that there is a problem with EnPass using iCloud sync... Hope it will be solved in the next release.

Joachim.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I often do have this issue too. No problem on my MacBook, but on the iMac i have to press "Sync Now" EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Today the error code is 1104004, not sure if its always the same. Running Enpass 6 on macOS Mojave.

Edited by benson

Hey @benson 

On 1/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, benson said:

I often do have this issue too. No problem on my MacBook, but on the iMac i have to press "Sync Now" EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Today the error code is 1104004, not sure if its always the same. Running Enpass 6 on macOS Mojave.

The reason behind getting the error code 1104004 is that Internet connection is not stable your device. So please check and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...