Enpass Discussion Forum

Password History Does Not Remember My History

chatie

I am trying out the Enpass Password Manager 5.6.19 (5548) for the PC Desktop Windows 10.  The Enpass program does not seem to remember history of passwords.  I created a new login account with a password of "one".  I edited the login account and changed the password to "two".  I edited the login account and changed the password to "three".  I see that my login account has the current password is "three", but where can I find the previous passwords of "one" and "two"?   It does not seem to work.  Of course, I would never use such simple passwords and am doing so for example.  Most of the time, I let the password managers generate passwords but there are situations where manually creating ones can be more convenient and just as effective.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @chatie

Thanks for writing to us.

This might just be a mix-up between the password history in the password generator and history for the item. Please have a look at the screenshots and confirm if that's not the case. The first image shows the history for the passwords that are recently generated with the password generator and the second one for the item's password history, i.e, the previously used passwords for the item. For more about password history, please have a look at the user manual.

passgene.png.e148683fc8f77c81522d3128217b0c48.png  itempass.png.23351483f2a44f559d8f60eae2389b3d.png

Cheers!