Enpass Discussion Forum

Traditional Windows Beta with Edge extension

Hemant Kumar

• 2 weeks later...

The error I had, like the other poster, has resolved. Is it after a reboot? Cannot tell.

I love using the extension as it saves a lot of time. I have a few questions / request though:

• is there some update to the version 3.1 beta? And if yes, how can we grab them?
  • is there a way to enable Windows Hello support for the desktop version of Enpass like the UWP, considering we have to use the desktop program to make it work?
  • still a few bugs to iron:
    1/ sometimes, the windows of Enpass does not appear when cliking on the extension button, forcing to "recharge the extension" to have the right behaviour
    2/ the window is quite small on a Surface Pro 3 and could be slightly bigger as it is quite cramped
    3/ no way to force Enpass to save a page with credentials when it does not detect and propose it itself. Is it something that could be added?

Otherwise, great great work. the portable version, the iOS version and UWP version on W10M and Windows 10. Great work.

Hi @JB Labelle

Thanks for writing in. 

On 01/11/2016 at 6:00 PM, JB Labelle said:
  • is there some update to the version 3.1 beta? And if yes, how can we grab them?

Currently No.

is there a way to enable Windows Hello support for the desktop version of Enpass like the UWP, considering we have to use the desktop program to make it work?

Currently there is no API available for Win32 apps. We are waiting for official release of any relevant APIs and as soon as we have them, we will start working on this feature.

• still a few bugs to iron:
    1/ sometimes, the windows of Enpass does not appear when cliking on the extension button, forcing to "recharge the extension" to have the right behaviour
    2/ the window is quite small on a Surface Pro 3 and could be slightly bigger as it is quite cramped

Thanks for reporting these issue. I have noted down this issue in bug tracker and forwarded to dev team, so they can try to fix this issue asap.

• no way to force Enpass to save a page with credentials when it does not detect and propose it itself. Is it something that could be added?

I have noted down your suggestion.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, JB Labelle said:

Having the same issues here...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, new user here. I'm getting this error. Can you guys help? I did "Enable Browser Extension" but I don't see "Enable Microsoft Edge Extension support". I ran the command as well.

Enpass Connection Error

Please start Enpass desktop app and make sure you have checked "Enable Browser Extension" and "Enable Microsoft Edge Extension support" in Enpass Preferences, before using Enpass Browser Extension.

Please make sure you have run below command as administrator in command prompt at least once.

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hi @Dzik1000

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I would like to let you know, in order to use Enpass Browser extension, the main app must be running in background. The reason is that being an offline password manager, Enpass saves all your database locally on your device not on any server. Whenever you visit a login page and click Enpass browser extension for auto-filling, then the extension securely connects with Enpass app to fetch and auto-fill the details. For more details please have a look at our user manual link.

If your problem still persists, please drop us an email at  support@enpass.io mentioning a link to this discussion and we will take it further. Thanks for your co-operation.

• 3 months later...
On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎25 at 0:42 PM, VinceMarsters said:

I am running the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview and have not been able to get the extension to work. I get the option when I right click a username/password entry but nothing happens when I click it (just closes the context menu). This has been the same with the older 5.3.1 beta and the latest 5.4 beta.

I am having the same issue. After performing some debugging of the extension, it appears the websocket connection is being blocked by Enpass with a 403 error response. It attempts to connect to ws://127.0.0.1:10391 first but is denied, then proceeds to try the next 4 port numbers but fails to connect since Enpass is obviously listening to 10391. Any help with this would be great.

Also, I have tried disabling the "Verify Browsers" setting which has been known to cause this problem, but it does not help. I also do in fact have the loop back exemption set as well. The extension works fine on the current Production release of Windows 10, but not any of the insider preview builds. This tells me Enpass is not honoring the disabled "Verify Browsers" setting and is rejecting Edge for having a different signature than expected. Would greatly appreciate some help as I'm tired of having to launch Firefox to use the enpass auto-fill feature.

Untitled.png

12 minutes ago, flamewave000 said:

I am having the same issue. After performing some debugging of the extension, it appears the websocket connection is being blocked by Enpass with a 403 error response. It attempts to connect to ws://127.0.0.1:10391 first but is denied, then proceeds to try the next 4 port numbers but fails to connect since Enpass is obviously listening to 10391. Any help with this would be great.

On my side, no issue while running Build 15048 and Enpass 5.4. It works exactly like before...

36 minutes ago, flamewave000 said:

I'm on 5.5 and 15048 but I've been having this issue since a few updates back and it only started after doing the windows update.

I still have the same problem with 5.5 and build 15048 but the Enpass team did work through it with me on an older build. The conclusion was it was broken by changes made by Microsoft. Since it works for some I guess there may be some other effects at play too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi Guys,

We have recently rolled out Enpass beta version with a fix to this issue. Could you please try and see if it helps?

Cheers!

Thank you Anshu! It is working again! I've been unable to use it since November I think and am so happy to be able to stop using chrome and firefox again. Thanks to the Enpass team for keeping us secure online!

Hey Everyone,
I'm not sure if anyone else uses the dark theme for Edge, but if you do, I have modified the icons for the Enpass extension to be more visible.

If you want to do the mod, you can grab the 2 images from this post and follow these instructions:
  1. Save images to: ...\enpass_edge_extension\data\images\
  2. Make sure the small image is named "toolbar-dark-theme.png" and the large image is named "toolbar-dark-theme@2x.png"
  3. Open the file ...\enpass_edge_extension\manifest.json in your text editor of choice
  4. Make the following changes to the file, restart Edge and you're done
// ...\enpass_edge_extension\manifest.json

// Find these lines:
"browser_action" : {
  "default_icon": {
    "19": "data/images/toolbar-chrome.png",
    "38": "data/images/toolbar-chrome@2x.png"
  }
},

// Change it to:
"browser_action" : {
  "default_icon": {
    "19": "data/images/toolbar-dark-theme.png",
    "38": "data/images/toolbar-dark-theme@2x.png"
  }
},

Note: To reverse the mod (if you want to use the light theme again) you can leave the images in the folder but just reverse the changes made to the manifest.json file.

toolbar-dark-theme.png

toolbar-dark-theme@2x.png

Edited by flamewave000
Added step to insure images are named correctly; Added note for reversing changes

6 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi Guys,

We have recently rolled out Enpass beta version with a fix to this issue. Could you please try and see if it helps?

Cheers!

As @flamewave000 said, it works! Thank you very much as I had been looking at using Edge as currently it appears to be much faster than the competitor browsers (well until the next time it updates I guess).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lazyneighbour said:

Hi, I wanted to thank you for making Edge extension work again in build 5.5.1.
Today I received build 5.5.2 and Edge extension support was removed(it's not visible in app settings anymore). Can you please bring it back? 

I still have the option to turn it on (and it still works well for me - better than the extension in Chrome and Firefox in fact).

Do you have the Beta Updates option ticked in the settings advanced tab? With that off the option to enable it will be missing.

• 1 month later...

OK. I'm trying this for the first time. I am using Enpass 5.3.3. My problem:

In Readme file it's says under step 7
7. Navigate to the unzipped folder -> "enpass_edge_extension" and click "Select Folder" and complete the installation.

However, when I go to the download folder (where I know the unzipped folder is because I can see it in file explorer), it's blank. Nothing is shown. So I can't "Select Folder"

I'm on Surface Pro 3, running Windows 10 Release Preview 15063.250.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Edited by Capture_Eric

5 hours ago, Capture_Eric said:

OK. I'm trying this for the first time. I using Enpass 5.3.3. My problem:

In Readme file it's says under step 7
7. Navigate to the unzipped folder -> "enpass_edge_extension" and click "Select Folder" and complete the installation.

However, when I go to the download folder (where I know the unzipped folder is because I can see it in file explorer), it's blank. Nothing is shown. So I can't "Select Folder"

I'm on Surface Pro 3, running Windows 10 Release Preview 15063.250.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

In the select folder dialog you only see folders not files inside. Just navigate into the folder containing the extension and click select folder. Should work from there.

Also are you sure you extracted the contents? Windows will open zip files as though they are folders within File Explorer.

Edited by VinceMarsters

7 hours ago, VinceMarsters said:

In the select folder dialog you only see folders not files inside. Just navigate into the folder containing the extension and click select folder. Should work from there.

Also are you sure you extracted the contents? Windows will open zip files as though they are folders within File Explorer.

Thanks for getting back to me.

But I can't even see the folders. The directory (Downloads) is entirely blank. No folders at all. (Though, again, I can see them in file explorer.) Weird.

Any ideas?

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, Matteo said:

@JB Labelle have you already tried rebooting your system?

Thanks. Yea I did. When should I do it?

Here's my error message (screen shot). A "manifest parsing error..." when I try to load the extension.

Also, after going to "About:Flags", should I uncheck (or check) any of the other boxes?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate and want to get this to work!

2017_05_07 Enpass Manifest parsing error.PNG

What does File Explorer show the contents of c:\users\Santiago\Downloads\Enpass_MS_Edge_Extension as? I suspect you will have the readme file and an enpass_edge_extension folder. You could try loading the extension again and in the address bar at the top of the folder selection screen enter C:\Users\santiago\Downloads\Enpass_MS_Edge_Extension\enpass_edge_extension and then just press enter. This should take you directly to the folder.

In about:flags just change the checkbox mentioned. Leave everything else as standard unless you have a good reason to change them.

load_extension.png

Ugh. Not working. I just updated to Enpass Beta 5.5.3 and I'm on Edge Extension 5.2.2, Although, I couldn't get it to work on Enpass  Beta 5.3.3, either.

See attached screen shot. I sometimes get the "Turn on Anyway" warning at the bottom. And, sometimes I need to go to overflow  . . . in Edge and turn on Edge Enpass Extension. All of which I do. Icon appear in upper right corner. 

I've closed and reopened Enpass and restarted the Surface. I'm on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 15063.250, if that helps

But it's not working, not like it did on Chrome anyway.

So, what to do? Should I do a complete reinstall of the extension, which thanks to Vince, I completed earlier today?.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

2017_07_8 Enpass Turn On Anyaway error 2.PNG

Edited by Captain_Eric
Clarity, details.

I'm having a similar problem. I had been successfully using the extension in Edge, but I recently updated the desktop application to 5.5.3. Since then the extension is not working in Edge. I have enabled it and I get the icon in the top right, but clicking on it does nothing. If I right click I do get a popup menu with "Show next to address bar", Manage, Enpass and "Inspect popup" but clicking Enpass on that menu also does nothing.

The extension is working in Chrome on the same machine.

• Admin unpinned this topic