Enpass Discussion Forum

Traditional Windows Beta with Edge extension

Hemant Kumar

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. This issue has been fixed and the update will be available to you through the beta channel. You can turn on the beta update from Enpass settings.

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. This issue has been fixed and the update will be available to you through the beta channel. You can turn on the beta update from Enpass settings.

Cheers!

Wow Anshu! Thank you for your fast help. Enable Beta Updates was already checked. Haven't seen it yet. I'll be patient! Or do I need to do something else?

• Admin unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Same for me, I installed fresh on a SP4 Windows 10 1703 15063.608 and the Enpass versions of the 1st page of this memo (5.3.3.1) and the Extension.

Unfortunately, it does not work (nothing appear when I click on the extension button). I tried to update the desktop version to the proposed 5.6 but there is no choice for the Beta support for Edge or tried also to install the latest beta version (5.9 I think) but it does not change anything.

Could you help?

Support of Enpass for Edge is capital for me (as I use also the great Enpass Windows 10 Mobile version) but if it does not work anymore, I will have to come back to Lastpass or others...

ok. I went to the store. And yes, there it was, both the win32 app and extensions. I'm happy. But, it appears to me the Store app is something like 5.5.7, meaning below the version 5.6 that I've been using (and worse, it seems both versions are installed). But whatever, I'm happy.

What are we to do, roll back or stick with 5.6?

Also, extensions are NOT  working. Due to a typo, I've corrected that extension is NOT working.

Anyone?

Edited by Captain_Eric

Here's the blog post that has links to both the Store app (which you can get with a search) and the Edge Extension (which is still not in the store list).

https://www.enpass.io/blog/here-comes-the-edge-extension-for-enpass-and-few-changes-along-the-way/

I hope this helps.

Be sure to go to the Settings in the desktop app and turn on the browser extension support.  I has been working great for me. I hope you can get it to work for you as well.

Edited by JeffB

In the Enpass Blog, the link to Enpass Extensions is broken, at least for me. And, in the Microsoft Store, the Enpass Extension won't download.

I must be the unluckiest guy. Is it because I'm presently in Guatemala, Central America? Or is anyone else worked around this?

Still, I'm happy to soon have extensions.

Edited by Captain_Eric
typos

Thanks JeffB. That link works to connect to the Microsoft Store, but again, Enpass Extension won't download, not even with a VPN.

This is strange. I gather others are not having trouble. 

There are more details: Earlier, I was able (after some trial and error, which i now forget) to download the new Extension. But it didn't work. So, I cleared out and deleted all my prior Enpass Password Manager apps and Extensions (betas) hoping that would help the Extension work. Then, I successfully download the "new" 5.6.2 Enpass Password Manager App. But can't even download the Extension. And that's where I am.

I'm sure I (or they) will get this to work, but this is strange..

FWIIW: I fixed it.

It seems, the Microsoft Store "thought" the Enpass Extension was already installed. (Yes, this seems an error, to me anyway). So my work-around: I deleted all Enpass files and reinstalled. It's works. Happy and grateful to Enpass for adding these features.

(As a aside, when I deleted "everything" I deleted my restore info in OneDrive. Oh my! Not good,  not good at all.  But I restored from the "recycle bin" and will live for another day!)

Thanks for the help you folks offered.

Edited by Captain_Eric
typos