Enpass Discussion Forum

Use favicon images for logins with URLs

DustinDauncey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I mean a way where you download the Favicon of multiple entries with just one mouse click.
Like "Menu -> Tools -> Download all Favicons".

But it should also be possible to download the Favicon of one or many selected entries.
So I can select 1 or more entries in one Tag and download the Favicons just for these entries.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been using Enpass for a couple mounth now, after buying the Premium version which is very good.

However, I am a bit of a design nerd, and I was quite sad to see that the icon system was not so good, and it seems that I am not the only one:

• Only a few icons are available by default.
  • Some icons are quite outdated (see the Netflix one).
  • Adding custom icons is long and buggy (the icons size is very messy).
  • We cannot remove custom icons (after trying to add the same icon in various sizes, I got it in almost ten version and found no option to remove them).

That is why I have been thinking about the following features, that I think could be good looking and more userfriendly:

• When new credentials are added, if the field URL is filled, try to catch the favicon and use it as an icon. If the website does not have a favicon, or the URL is not given, just leave the icon empty as it does currently.
  • Added a little "refresh" button when editing a credential, which tries to catch the latest favicon (if the icon was a favicon)
  • For the custom icons, just resize them to the size of the icon displayer.
  • Adding a little cross on our custom icons (so that we can remove them easily)

This requires that custom icons ALWAYS have the priority over favicons. I think this is not a huge feature, but it is the kind of details that improves the user experience, even a little (and that design nerdy, like me, will enjoy A LOT).

Thanks for reading this!

Edited by Lyro_1
Design layout
  • Like 3

Excellent idea.

I was trying to find some information about what the requirements are for adding a decent icon, and I came across this post at the top of the list.

I used to use Roboform, and some aspects I still like, but on my Samsung Galaxy S8+, it slows the whole phone down, as it's a resource hog.

But one feature that I think they got right is the way it captures the favicon from the website that it's saving the log in details from.

I think Enpass could check Roboform's way of doing things, and considering trying something similar. Ok, Roboform doesn't have a icon store like Enpass does, and I do prefer the built in icons, but with the choice to mine favicons.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi All,

The Favicon feature has already been added to the Enpass app. Please wait for the coming update v6.1 which will bring it. Thank you.       

Hello,

Do you have any date to communicate for the v6.1 ?

• 1 month later...

In the Android app, most of my logins don't have one of the pre-built favicons so I have generic icons for most of my stuff. It would be nice if when Enpass grabs the app name for autofill (com.app.dev.stuff), it grabbed the app icon and updated the Favicon within Enpass.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Lyro_1

Currently, the v6.1 is in the internal settings, and a beta for the same will be rolled out soon. I am really sorry as I do not know of an ETA I can provide for you.

Got the v6.1 today but I don't find any favicon option!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...