Enpass Discussion Forum

First Beta of Enpass6 for Android is now available on Play Store!

Vikram Dabas

Hi Enpassians,

I know you’ve been waiting for this moment to come since the release of Enpass 6 beta for Windows and finally, it's here. Yes, I am glad to announce the release of Enpass 6 Beta for Android! It's a public beta release, and any Android user can get it from Play Store

We've incorporated a lot of new features, enhancements, and improvements in Enpass 6. All the detailed information about release along with the download instructions are mentioned in the Enpass6 Beta app description and the release blog here.

We would appreciate if you can test it and share your feedback with us to further improve Enpass 6 before the official release.

That is all from me for now, and I will be sharing more updates as we progress in the beta testing. 

Thank you all for your continued support.
Cheers!

• Like 1

Vikram, Excited to try out Beta 6 on Android. A good first stab at it. I found the following issues so far:

1. After loading from a backup file, the app does not indicate it is completed, so started another load. Same result. So I closed the app and restarted. Now there are two primary vaults. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. After the first load from backup, closed the app and restarted. Now can sign in and see the one Primary vault. 

2. Setup autofill, it recognizes that there are user/password fields to be completed. Select the notification, which goes to the app to select the item. Find it, but it won't Autofill. Appears not to recognize the URL. Using MS Edge on Android. Enpass 5.x works fine.

3. Love the new features, including showing the weak password items. 

4. Obviously OneDrive sync not supported yet. Hope it comes soon. (I downloaded the backup from OneDrive to load in #1 above)

Thanks. 

Hi @JeffB

Thanks a lot for taking the time to test the Enpass beta and sharing the feedback.

1. Noted. I'd like to know more to get a clear picture of the issue. Please share the following information
    • Device and Android version you use.
    • Which Enpass database are you restoring- Enpass6 Beta or any previous Enpass versions?
    • "After loading from a backup file, the app does not indicate it is completed, so started another load." Could you  provide some further information? Also,  does the login screen appear after restoring the backup?

2. Is the autofill not working on a specific web page or every web page in Edge browser? Also, does the app autofill the same URL in Chrome browser?

3. We're working on adding more features, and hopefully, OneDrive sync will come in our next beta release.

Thanks just installed it.

Noticed an issue - I used Wifi to pull a fresh backup file from my computer to the App. The app then asked for the master password, I entered it, app said authentiating, and just hung on that screen. I killed the app, restarted, it asked for master pw, entered it and all was good.

Also perhaps I missed it but is there a changelog I could see?

Vikram,

1. I am using an LG Style 3 Plus with Android 7.0. I was restoring a backup from Enpass 5.6.19 from my Windows 10 machine. I will have to delete and reinstall to get a better sequence for you and can try it later today. 

2. After retrying today, it seems to be working. However, it is putting the email field into the user name field, instead of username. I notice that I had use the update and autofill feature, which now has the android autofill information. I assume that is why it is working now. I will do more testing later to get the specific message when the Autofill Info field is empty.

3. I am delighted to see the progress and look forward to your work.

I also wanted to report that while the fingerprint sign in is working, it takes about 5 seconds from the "fingerprint recognized' message until the app screen is displayed. I love being able to use the fingerprint sensor instead of the master password, but that is way too long. Hopefully that can be improved.

Thanks

Jeff

Vikram,

I did reinstall and try the reload backup. It appeared to crash at the end of the load. I restarted and the data was there. 

I am trying to reproduce the autofill issues, and Enpass 6 Beta is partly working, but unlike earlier, it is returning the password, but nothing into the username field. 

Also, whenever I am signed into a site, and open the app, and search for a different item, it still is trying to do an autofill on the site that is already signed in.

Thanks, Jeff

Hi guys,

On 7/18/2018 at 9:30 AM, JeffB said:

1. After loading from a backup file, the app does not indicate it is completed, so started another load. Same result. So I closed the app and restarted. Now there are two primary vaults. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. After the first load from backup, closed the app and restarted. Now can sign in and see the one Primary vault. 

We have tracked the issue and a fix will be available in the next update.

2. Setup autofill, it recognizes that there are user/password fields to be completed. Select the notification, which goes to the app to select the item. Find it, but it won't Autofill. Appears not to recognize the URL. Using MS Edge on Android. Enpass 5.x works fine.

Our dev team is working to improve Autofill functionality and the fix will be available in the upcoming beta update.

3. Love the new features, including showing the weak password items. 

Thanks for your feedback. :)

4. Obviously OneDrive sync not supported yet. Hope it comes soon. (I downloaded the backup from OneDrive to load in #1 above)

OneDrive sync will be available in the upcoming beta update.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:24 PM, JeffB said:

I also wanted to report that while the fingerprint sign in is working, it takes about 5 seconds from the "fingerprint recognized' message until the app screen is displayed. I love being able to use the fingerprint sensor instead of the master password, but that is way too long. Hopefully that can be improved.

I've noted it down and forwarded it to the dev team to look into it.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Arnas said:

I get app crash two times in background when I not use it. And after every crashes I was forced restart my device because autofill notifications not pop up after crashing .

Our dev team is looking into it.

Thanks!

Has anyone been able to sync their vaults on the Android app with Dropbox? Not sure what the problem is. The authentication goes fine in the browser but the app just keeps "authenticating" and that circle keeps spinning and nothing happens, even after today's update. Any help would be appreciated. I've emailed them and tweeted at them for a few days now but haven't heard back so far.

DizH6z6XsAAUcIF.jpg

DizH6z4X4AAQa6z.jpg

I was just able to sync to DropBox without seeing the problem you were reporting. If fact, there was an empty sync target from an earlier attempt from a desktop test and it gave the choice merged the two vaults. Interesting and useful option. JeffB

That's not really helpful to me. What browser did you use? I thought someone was going to help me figure this out. Enpass 5 is still syncing fine. Enpass 6 refuses to finish authenticating even after the browser says authentication is finished. I'm not doing anything different, I don't think.  

athnndnly

I don't know where you got the Samsung phone insight, but it may be correct. I am using an LG phone connected to Dropbox and it is syncing. I also have the latest (72) build on Windows 10 which is also connected to the same Dropbox account. With that I am able to sync changes from the phone to desktop, as well as the desktop to the phone. The desktop version now supports syncing to OneDrive, and the Android version just updated today as well. I will be trying connections through OneDrive too. It is brilliant that each vault can sync to a different service. 

JeffB

Enpass Team,

After successfully syncing with Dropbox with the latest Beta from the Play Store, I received a "Something went wrong...: -82" error. The error eventually cleared. The error appeared after returning to the app which had been in the background. 

Also, the unlock with the fingerprint reader is working, but still is slow (5 sec). I know you have it on your radar.

Thanks

Enpass Team,

After that error, I noticed on the latest desktop app (71) that some of the items are gone. It is syncing with a Dropbox instance also synced with my Android phone. The desktop app reports 101 items, but it was 185 items (which is still showing in the Android instance). Something definitely wrong with the sync mechanism. 

I hope to try a sync process on OneDrive shortly.

Thanks 

Enpass Team,

Another suggestion: When entering into an email field type, keyboard should switch to email mode, so that the @ and .com keys are enabled. This facilitates email address entry. It's a small thing, but will shown the polish of the final product.

Thanks

10 hours ago, JeffB said:

athnndnly

I don't know where you got the Samsung phone insight, but it may be correct. I am using an LG phone connected to Dropbox and it is syncing. I also have the latest (72) build on Windows 10 which is also connected to the same Dropbox account. With that I am able to sync changes from the phone to desktop, as well as the desktop to the phone. The desktop version now supports syncing to OneDrive, and the Android version just updated today as well. I will be trying connections through OneDrive too. It is brilliant that each vault can sync to a different service. 

JeffB

Turns out it was a browser issue. This app does not like Firefox. It syncs fine if you use Chrome. Minor inconvenience but it solved my problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • semi_mod unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Security settings broken/need reworking.

So, a couple of things.

Firstly, the security settings reagrding frequency of master password entry are broken. I have it set to once per month but invariably I am asked to enter my master password multiple times a day. No, I'm not rebooting my phone or failing the fingerprint 5 times.

Secondly, please remove this ridiculous setting!! I never want to enter my master password, not even once a month. As a security company you should very well know that a fingerprint is far more secure than any memorable password - it's basic maths.

Latest beta on Huawei P20 Pro, Android 8.1.0

Thanks