Enpass Discussion Forum

First Beta of Enpass6 for Android is now available on Play Store!

Vikram Dabas

3 hours ago, Toby Humphrey said:

Security settings broken/need reworking.

So, a couple of things.

Firstly, the security settings reagrding frequency of master password entry are broken. I have it set to once per month but invariably I am asked to enter my master password multiple times a day. No, I'm not rebooting my phone or failing the fingerprint 5 times.

Secondly, please remove this ridiculous setting!! I never want to enter my master password, not even once a month. As a security company you should very well know that a fingerprint is far more secure than any memorable password - it's basic maths.

Latest beta on Huawei P20 Pro, Android 8.1.0

Thanks

My girl have Huawei and have same problem with most popular passwords managers. I have Sony and no problem, only after reboot asking about master password I remember it was last time. I think it Huawei not friendly with passwords managers. And what about that "fingerprint is far more secure than any memorable password" I not agree, FBI open terrorist phones even as they are dead. No one can be more potent than a strong password. That's why we use the master password.

Edited by Arnas

3 minutes ago, Arnas said:

My girl have Huawei and have same problem with most popular passwords managers. I have Sony and no problem, only after reboot asking about master password I remember it was last time. I think it Huawei not friendly with passwords managers. And what about that "fingerprint is far more secure than any memorable password" I not agree, FBI open terrorist phones even as they are dead. No one can be more potent than a strong password. That's why we use the master password.

There is nothing common to the different password managers on the market that would mean Huawei devices would not work with them, but other devices would. This is a specific bug to Enpass Beta 6. As this is a beta programme, I am therefore reporting the bug as is required by participation.

I'm not talking about evading law enforcement, I am talking about security - i.e. what happens when my phone gets into the wrong hands (not, when I am arrested or captured as a wanted criminal??? :shrugg:). If my phone is stolen or otherwise finds it's way into a stranger's hands, they will never get past a fingerprint - passwords and pin numbers can be cracked with brute force, a fingerprint cannot. In order to open my phone and password vault the stranger would need to:

1. Know exactly who I am,
2. Obtain my finger or a very clear and recent fingerprint.

If I were using a password the stranger would not be encumbered by either of these 2 steps, and therefore statistically the password is less secure than the fingerprint.

28 minutes ago, Toby Humphrey said:

There is nothing common to the different password managers on the market that would mean Huawei devices would not work with them, but other devices would. This is a specific bug to Enpass Beta 6. As this is a beta programme, I am therefore reporting the bug as is required by participation.

I'm not talking about evading law enforcement, I am talking about security - i.e. what happens when my phone gets into the wrong hands (not, when I am arrested or captured as a wanted criminal??? :shrugg:). If my phone is stolen or otherwise finds it's way into a stranger's hands, they will never get past a fingerprint - passwords and pin numbers can be cracked with brute force, a fingerprint cannot. In order to open my phone and password vault the stranger would need to:

1. Know exactly who I am,
2. Obtain my finger or a very clear and recent fingerprint.

If I were using a password the stranger would not be encumbered by either of these 2 steps, and therefore statistically the password is less secure than the fingerprint.

Okay, this discussion has no end, I have your own opinion and you have own. Have you tried LastPass manager for fun? To see the difference.