Enpass Discussion Forum

system or enpass idle seems arbitrary

Random

new user on enpass switching/comparing from lastpass.  I am on my computer working, reading, moving the mouse around, so I figure setting 30 seconds to either setting would prevent enpass from locking.  However, it seems to periodically lock it self none-the-less.  Can you please confirm what is "enpass idle" and what is "system idle"?  or perhaps 1 minute is the lowest suggested setting?  

liking everything else so far, thanks!

Hi, I was actually questioning the accuracy of the timing.  I don't believe it should lock when I am using my computer actively, yet it is locking when I set system idle and 1 minute.  I've moved my default to 1 hour instead.  This is a prime example of too many knobs is a bad thing from a product stand point :)

On 16 August 2016 at 2:43 AM, Random said:

I've moved my default to 1 hour instead. 

Hi @Random

Sorry for the inconvenience. Enpass should not asked for the master password if you have set the system idle time to 1 hour and Enpass is running in the background. One more thing that clicking on the Close button will quit the Enpass and it will ask for the master password every time. To make Enpass is running in the background you need to enable the option Minimize App under Settings -> General.

Also, make sure that option Lock when the main window is closed should be disabled under Settings -> Security.

Hope it will work for you. If not, please let us know. Thanks for patience.

Cheers:)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Sahil,

Thanks, I did find out about those things you've mentioned prior to creating this case.  I did set them in a way so it shouldn't lock yet it is still locking too often.  I started to use 8 to 10 hours, and yet, it is still locking before those time...

I think I "may" have found the problem.  When you lock the screen, it locks the tool upon unlocking windows screen.  I wish there's a way to keep it in sync with windows locking and unlocking also.  Not sure if that's all that's causing the lock at this time, only time will tell now.

wait it locks enpass upon unlocking the screen? that sounds weird, I mean wouldnt it make more sense to lock upon locking the screen, especially because otherwise if someone else with admin access gets in he/she can read the ram and therefore enpass's database while it's unlocked.

I meant there's no way i can possibly tell if it is locked or unlocked during windows lock.  But after I unlock it, it is in the locked state.  My guess is that it locks it when windows locks (which makes sense).  I am hoping it would give an option (optional to users) to unlock after windows is unlocked.