Enpass Discussion Forum

First Beta of Enpass 6 for macOS is out!

Vikram Dabas

I seem to be having trouble with the browser extension. When should I expect to see Enpass offer to save account information and when should I not?

I'm almost never asked about creating a new entry on sites where I have not yet done so, and on sites where I already have credentials in Enpass, I'm asked about creating a new entry about half the time.

Edited by 100 Watt Walrus

Hey guys,

10 hours ago, fermati said:

This is an issue with the printing process.

I tried to print an item from the main application window: the item is selected in the list, then Print is selected under the File menu. A new sliding window opens from the right side of the application window with the title "Print". There is a box with 3 choices: "Selected items", "All items in the selected list" and "All items in the vault". "Selected items" is chosen. There is a print button, and when pressed you have to enter your master password. After entering the password, "Continue" is selected. After a couple of seconds the multi color beach ball appears and keeps turning for about 1 minute. Then the beach ball stops but nothing goes to the printer and Enpass6 goes back to the previous screen  (the one asking what you want to print). Trying to force-quit Enpass6 (command-option-Esc) while the beach ball is turning shows that Enpass6 is not responding (expected).

5 hours ago, 100 Watt Walrus said:

Seconded here: Can confirm that nothing prints. I did not have the beachball problem though. After entering the master pass, I'm immediately taken back to the print options screen.

We were able to reproduce the issue and notified the dev team to look into it.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi @100 Watt Walrus 

Thanks for reporting this issue.

5 hours ago, 100 Watt Walrus said:

I'm almost never asked about creating a new entry on sites where I have not yet done so, and on sites where I already have credentials in Enpass, I'm asked about creating a new entry about half the time.

It would be a great help if you can share the URL of the website so that we can investigate further and try to fix asap.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Just upgraded to Safari 12 through the App Store. Upon launch I got a message stating that "Safari no longer supports unsafe extensions", and that "“Enpass 6 beta” is no longer supported. You can find newer extensions reviewed by Apple in the App Store or Safari Extensions Gallery".:(

The Enpass 5 extension is deemed safe by Safari 12 and it has not been removed.

Guess we'll have to wait for Enpass to submit the v6 extension back to Apple, or to provide an update.

Hey guys,

7 hours ago, fermati said:

Guess we'll have to wait for Enpass to submit the v6 extension back to Apple, or to provide an update.

Sorry, but you'd have to wait till the final release to come up. I appreciate your co-operation and understanding. 

6 hours ago, Avogadro said:

Enpass 6 for macOS has WebDAV function ? And not on Windows yet ?  :/

The support of WebDAV sync for Windows platform will be available in the next update due soon. :)

4 hours ago, 100 Watt Walrus said:

Will do, next time it happens.

Yeah, sure! 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, fermati said:

Just upgraded to Safari 12 through the App Store. Upon launch I got a message stating that "Safari no longer supports unsafe extensions", and that "“Enpass 6 beta” is no longer supported. You can find newer extensions reviewed by Apple in the App Store or Safari Extensions Gallery".:(

The Enpass 5 extension is deemed safe by Safari 12 and it has not been removed.

I have exactly the same problem : since Safari 12, EnPass extension doesn't work anymore.

1723297801_Capturedcran2018-09-1810_35_44.png.78c9716a57fbe383a3b0a594095728df.png

Enpass 5 extension still works for now.

Could you make EnPass6 extension work again with Safari 12 ?

Thanks

Miles

Hello,

Since macOS Mojave 10.14.0 is out and installed on my macbook air, the firefox extension doesn't work anymore : it can't connect to enpass witch is launched and unlocked

840805277_Capturedecran2018-09-25a06_51_48.png.61499b6fb452f7a78b939f81f876a423.png

I use Firefox 62.0.2 (64 bits) and Enpass 6.0.0 (187).

All is up to date on the mac.

Does anyone have this problem ?

(and when the final version of Enpass6 will be released ? to have Safari extension ;))

Thanks

Miles

Hi @chl 

Thanks for writing in.

15 hours ago, chl said:

Is it still planned to add a date picker in Enpass6?

I would like to share that we have already implemented "Date Picker" in Enpass for Android and iOS platforms and for the Desktop platforms it will be available with subsequent beta updates.

15 hours ago, chl said:

And when the final version is going to be released?

Sorry, I can't assure you any ETA.

Cheers!

40 minutes ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @MilesTEG,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

I would suggest you please try re-enabling the browser extension settings from Enpass Browser settings if you haven't tried it yet.

enable.png.d72decb7e23f150e05e79b7ca2f07b56.png

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Thanks for your help, I just did that, but unfortunatly it has no effect...

I tried to restart Firefox, with no effect.

Uninstall / reinstall the extension in Firefox has no effect too...

Something seems to be broken between the app and the extensions...

3 hours ago, MilesTEG said:

Hello,

Thanks for your help, I just did that, but unfortunatly it has no effect...

I tried to restart Firefox, with no effect.

Uninstall / reinstall the extension in Firefox has no effect too...

Something seems to be broken between the app and the extensions...

I can confirm that the extensions fail to communicate with the application for me on Majave, tested on both Chrome and Firefox.

Disabling and reenabling the "Enable browser extensions" check box crashes the desktop app.

Edit: "Disabling "Authhorize browsers with verified code signatures only" is a temporary work around, and allows the extension to communicate.

Edited by Jack

1 hour ago, Jack said:

I can confirm that the extensions fail to communicate with the application for me on Majave, tested on both Chrome and Firefox.

Disabling and reenabling the "Enable browser extensions" check box crashes the desktop app.

Edit: "Disabling "Authhorize browsers with verified code signatures only" is a temporary work around, and allows the extension to communicate.

Thanks for the workaround. It's not very secure, but now I can use Enpass6 with firefox.

19 hours ago, Jack said:

I can confirm this work around for chrome.

Also, after the confirmation is entered and the plugin is paired, I can re-enable the "Authorize browsers with verified code signatures only" option and everything is working as designed.

4 hours ago, Martva said:

I can confirm this work around for chrome.

Also, after the confirmation is entered and the plugin is paired, I can re-enable the "Authorize browsers with verified code signatures only" option and everything is working as designed.

Have you tried to restart the browser ? Beacause I tried what you did, and after restarting Firefox, the workaround isn't working anymore. I had to deactivate again "Authorize browsers with verified code signatures only".

Hi,

New user here, looking to replace 1Password with Enpass. I'm trying out Enpass6 beta 1 on macos 10.13.6, with the corresponding beta chrome extension. Issues I've run into so far:

1. While Enpass did a pretty good job (best among all I've tried) importing my data from 1Password, it left out all the attachments.

1Password exports all the attachments in a subfolder alongside the .1pif data file. Inside the folder aptly named "attachments", files are further grouped into subfolders according to the uuid of the item they associate with. I therefore think it should be easy for Enpass to import the attachments as well. I have many attachments in 1Password; readding them manually is tedious.

2. Enpass doesn't ask to save logins when I log into a website manually, even though the option is enabled. (No, the website is not in the database yet.) The only one time I saw the Enpass Autosave popup is when I was registering for this forum. If Autosave works only during new registrations, not when a user login manually, then it's not very useful, I'm afraid.

3. In addition to their relentless push for their new subscription model, the main reason for me to leave 1Password is its failure to autofill properly on numerous websites. Unfortunately, Enpass 6 beta 1 isn't faring better at the moment. Those are Taiwanese websites with perhaps some quirks in their design. But Bitwarden's autofill works on all of them without issue, so I believe it can be done. I'll give more specifics if you want to look into them.

4. It seems Enpass only sync to a few well-known cloud storage services and WebDAV, but not to a local folder. Would you please consider adding local folder sync as an option? I really don't want to save my passwords and credit card info in the cloud, encrypted or not. I prefer non cloud-based sync solutions.

Thanks for listening, and for a very promising product.

Hi Anshu kumar, this beta has been out for more than 3 months now, and we provided your company with quite a few bugs and suggestions. Do you think you would have a new beta coming soon so we can see if things have been properly fixed/ implemented and maybe find new bugs/issues/suggestions?

With Mojave out we need to move forward so we can use Enpass with that latest OS without too many hiccups. Also, it is a pain that the Enpass 6 extension doesn't work with Safari anymore, so the sooner it is fixed the better.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi @mwang,

Welcome to Enpass Family!

On 10/1/2018 at 5:39 PM, mwang said:

1. While Enpass did a pretty good job (best among all I've tried) importing my data from 1Password, it left out all the attachments.

1Password exports all the attachments in a subfolder alongside the .1pif data file. Inside the folder aptly named "attachments", files are further grouped into subfolders according to the uuid of the item they associate with. I therefore think it should be easy for Enpass to import the attachments as well. I have many attachments in 1Password; readding them manually is tedious.

We have made some improvement in the import functionality, and I would like to have your feedback after the update.

2. Enpass doesn't ask to save logins when I log into a website manually, even though the option is enabled. (No, the website is not in the database yet.) The only one time I saw the Enpass Autosave popup is when I was registering for this forum. If Autosave works only during new registrations, not when a user login manually, then it's not very useful, I'm afraid.

3. In addition to their relentless push for their new subscription model, the main reason for me to leave 1Password is its failure to autofill properly on numerous websites. Unfortunately, Enpass 6 beta 1 isn't faring better at the moment. Those are Taiwanese websites with perhaps some quirks in their design. But Bitwarden's autofill works on all of them without issue, so I believe it can be done. I'll give more specifics if you want to look into them.

It would be a great help if you can share the URL of the websites so that we can try to fix soon.

4. It seems Enpass only sync to a few well-known cloud storage services and WebDAV, but not to a local folder. Would you please consider adding local folder sync as an option? I really don't want to save my passwords and credit card info in the cloud, encrypted or not. I prefer non cloud-based sync solutions.

The feature of Folder Sync has already been implemented and will be in the next update.

Cheers!

Hi @fermati 

15 hours ago, fermati said:

Hi Anshu kumar, this beta has been out for more than 3 months now, and we provided your company with quite a few bugs and suggestions. Do you think you would have a new beta coming soon so we can see if things have been properly fixed/ implemented and maybe find new bugs/issues/suggestions?

The next beta is already in the QA phase and will be available very soon. (Hopefully within this week)

15 hours ago, fermati said:

With Mojave out we need to move forward so we can use Enpass with that latest OS without too many hiccups. Also, it is a pain that the Enpass 6 extension doesn't work with Safari anymore, so the sooner it is fixed the better.

I'm afraid that you'd have to wait till the final release to come up.

Thanks for your understanding!