Enpass Discussion Forum

Second Enpass6 Beta for Android is out!

Vikram Dabas

Hello Enpassians!

Today, we are announcing the second beta release of Enpass 6 for Android which brings:

What's New

• Secure Sharing: An option to securely share an item using a Pre-shared Key (PSK). For that you first need to define a PSK  in the Advanced settings of Enpass.
  • More cloud options to sync with: Along with the Dropbox, now you can configure sync with Google Drive, OneDrive, and iCloud.

Improvements

• Improved the Enpass autofilling where the app didn't autofill the login details in apps and websites in Chrome browser.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Enpass 6 wasn't available to download on some Android Tablets.
  • Other fixes.

Cheers!

Hi,

I thought test Google Drive sync, because I use Enpass 6 beta on Windows. I erased my Enpass 6 data and restored it with Google Drive and now I see that all my most of them password is gone.

Today tested Mac OS app, and same problem, restored from Google Drive and  most of all my items not have password fields, it's gone.

But Windows Enpass 6 Beta still show password fields. And all they apps use Google Drive Sync.

Edited by Arnas
Tested Mac OS Beta

Has anyone been able to sync their vaults on the Android app with Dropbox? Not sure what the problem is. The authentication goes fine in the browser but the app just keeps "authenticating" and that circle keeps spinning and nothing happens, even after today's update. Any help would be appreciated. I've emailed them and tweeted at them for a few days now but haven't heard back so far.

DizH6z6XsAAUcIF.jpg

DizH6z4X4AAQa6z.jpg

The option to "update and autofill" an associated login, only comes up when using the Enpass Keyboard, not when using autofill from the prompt.

Example, I want to log into a third party twitter app, the autofill doesn't recognize it, so I search for Twitter. The android prompt will allow me to autofill, but if I want to update the URL association, I need to go through the keyboard. "Update and Autofill" should be an option through either method.

Hi @Arnas

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. I would like to know more to assist your further. Please let me know:

• On which device have you erased your Enpass6 database?
  • "I see that all my most of them password is gone." Does this mean Enpass hasn't restored the complete database?
  • Do you have access to your database on any of your device?
  • Do you have database synced over any other cloud?

Hi @Kruger2147

16 hours ago, Kruger2147 said:

Trying to setup the Autofill for chromebooks crashes. I've sent in error reports and logs through the automatic Google Play feedback tool.

Unfortunately,  Autofill for Chromebook isn't supported yet in Enpass 6 and will be available in the future versions. For now, please use the copy and paste option to autofill the details in supported browsers. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

16 hours ago, Kruger2147 said:

The option to "update and autofill" an associated login, only comes up when using the Enpass Keyboard, not when using autofill from the prompt.

That shouldn't happen. We would like to hear more from you please share:

• Do you mean that the option to MODIFY AND AUTOFILL isn't coming while auto-filling the details via Enpass Notifications and Android Autofill? 
  • When the app doesn't recognize the app to autofill, and you searched for an item, did the app displayed SHOW MATCHING ITEMS button? If yes, then clicking on that button showed the MODIFY AND AUTOFILL option?
  • Does this happen only in the Twitter app?

Also, if possible, a screenshot would be very helpful.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @KidC73

13 hours ago, KidC73 said:

Authentication not working for me on Android 8.0 and using Google Drive.  

For quick troubleshooting re-enable the sync on your device. If the issue persists then share the following information:

• The number of items and attachments in your database.
  • The default browser in your Android device.
  • Does this issue occur only with your Android device?
  • When does this issue occur- while restoring the database from Welcome screen or enabling sync from the app settings?

6 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Arnas

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. I would like to know more to assist your further. Please let me know:

• On which device have you erased your Enpass6 database?
  • "I see that all my most of them password is gone." Does this mean Enpass hasn't restored the complete database?
  • Do you have access to your database on any of your device?
  • Do you have database synced over any other cloud?

Hi @Vikram Dabas

1. I erased database on my Android device with Enpass 6 beta.

2. I think yes, Enpass hasn't restored the complete database. Same problem with Mac OS Enpass 6 beta. But WIndows Beta still work good. Something wrong with password list in the code, becouse Windows version beta sort pasword from the cloud.

3. Yes, I have access to my database on any device.

4. No, I use only Google Drive sync, and never tried others.

14 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Unfortunately,  Autofill for Chromebook isn't supported yet in Enpass 6 and will be available in the future versions. For now, please use the copy and paste option to autofill the details in supported browsers. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks for the reply. I'll copy and paste for now.

• Do you mean that the option to MODIFY AND AUTOFILL isn't coming while auto-filling the details via Enpass Notifications and Android Autofill? 
  • When the app doesn't recognize the app to autofill, and you searched for an item, did the app displayed SHOW MATCHING ITEMS button? If yes, then clicking on that button showed the MODIFY AND AUTOFILL option?

Yes, I mead MODIFY AND AUTOFILL, I see this behavior in all of the apps I've tried. Attached are screenshots. As you can see, the screenshot with the Enpass keyboard offers both AUTOFILL and MODIFY AND AUTOFILL, whereas the screenshot with the android accessibility prompt only offers to AUTOFILL.

20180724_095558-COLLAGE.jpg

20180724_095552-COLLAGE.jpg

14 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Thanks for the reply. I'll copy and paste for now.

• Do you mean that the option to MODIFY AND AUTOFILL isn't coming while auto-filling the details via Enpass Notifications and Android Autofill? 
  • When the app doesn't recognize the app to autofill, and you searched for an item, did the app displayed SHOW MATCHING ITEMS button? If yes, then clicking on that button showed the MODIFY AND AUTOFILL option?

Yes, I mead MODIFY AND AUTOFILL, I see this behavior in all of the apps I've tried. Attached are screenshots. As you can see, the screenshot with the Enpass keyboard offers both AUTOFILL and MODIFY AND AUTOFILL, whereas the screenshot with the android accessibility prompt only offers to AUTOFILL.

21 hours ago, Arnas said:

Hi @Vikram Dabas

1. I erased database on my Android device with Enpass 6 beta.

2. I think yes, Enpass hasn't restored the complete database. Same problem with Mac OS Enpass 6 beta. But WIndows Beta still work good. Something wrong with password list in the code, becouse Windows version beta sort pasword from the cloud.

3. Yes, I have access to my database on any device.

4. No, I use only Google Drive sync, and never tried others. 

Hi @Arnas

Thanks a lot for sharing the details. We require some further help from your side to disgnose what could be the possible reason for this unexpected behavior. Your feedback is invaluable to our development team in understanding and addressing the issue. Let's look at the concern together.

On your Android device, open the specific item that didn't show the password field after restoring the database. Click on Edit button and check if the password field is there. If yes, enter some dummy value into the password field and save the item. Click on the password field, and it will show you two options- Copy and More menu (Three dots). Click on more menu and select History and check whether app shows previous passwords. If yes, does it works with couple of other items too.

Also, to troubleshoot the issue, you need to reset your Google Drive sync and Enpass app on your both Android and Mac device. For this, follow these steps:

1. Disable Google Drive sync on all your devices.
  2. Delete Enpass 6 data from Google Drive via Drive --> Settings --> Manage Apps --> Enpass Beta --> Click on OPTIONS adjacent to Enpass Beta and click Delete hidden app data --> Done.
  3. Re-install the app on your Andriod device. For Mac, go to Enpass Advanced settings and select Erase Everything.
  4. Now configure Google Drive sync on Windows desktop device and restore it on your Android and Mac device one after other.

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, Alex Gurenko said:

So, as previously mentioned, authentication with Google Drive does not work with Firefox and better question is, why do you use browser re-direct, rather than system function to authenticate with Google?

Hi @Alex Gurenko

We've already received a lot of feedback regarding the authentication with other browsers like Firefox, and our dev team is working on it.

Also, we thought to pick the Google accounts from the device and ask user to choose one, as done in Enpass 5. But the issue would be with the multiple vaults where to set up Google sync for secondry vaults user had to unnecessarily add the accounts in the device first. 

7 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Arnas

Thanks a lot for sharing the details. We require some further help from your side to disgnose what could be the possible reason for this unexpected behavior. Your feedback is invaluable to our development team in understanding and addressing the issue. Let's look at the concern together.

On your Android device, open the specific item that didn't show the password field after restoring the database. Click on Edit button and check if the password field is there. If yes, enter some dummy value into the password field and save the item. Click on the password field, and it will show you two options- Copy and More menu (Three dots). Click on more menu and select History and check whether app shows previous passwords. If yes, does it works with couple of other items too.

Also, to troubleshoot the issue, you need to reset your Google Drive sync and Enpass app on your both Android and Mac device. For this, follow these steps:

1. Disable Google Drive sync on all your devices.
  2. Delete Enpass 6 data from Google Drive via Drive --> Settings --> Manage Apps --> Enpass Beta --> Click on OPTIONS adjacent to Enpass Beta and click Delete hidden app data --> Done.
  3. Re-install the app on your Andriod device. For Mac, go to Enpass Advanced settings and select Erase Everything.
  4. Now configure Google Drive sync on Windows desktop device and restore it on your Android and Mac device one after other.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Vikram Dabas

I reinstalled Enpass 6 Beta on my Android device and now shows all paswords fields :)

On Mac I was force use you guide delete Enpass 6 data from Google Drive. And now it work well. Thanks for help.

Edited by Arnas

17 hours ago, Kruger2147 said:

Hi @Kruger2147

Thanks for providing the detailed information. The issue has been shared with the dev team and hopefully will get resolved in the next beta release. We appreciate your patience.

1 hour ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Alex Gurenko

We've already received a lot of feedback regarding the authentication with other browsers like Firefox, and our dev team is working on it.

Also, we thought to pick the Google accounts from the device and ask user to choose one, as done in Enpass 5. But the issue would be with the multiple vaults where to set up Google sync for secondry vaults user had to unnecessarily add the accounts in the device first. 

Okay, fair enough. Basically if it will eventually work with Firefox browser, I don't have strong preference. Actually maybe even better for custom roms too :)

On 7/23/2018 at 10:18 PM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @KidC73

For quick troubleshooting re-enable the sync on your device. If the issue persists then share the following information:

• The number of items and attachments in your database.
  • The default browser in your Android device.
  • Does this issue occur only with your Android device?
  • When does this issue occur- while restoring the database from Welcome screen or enabling sync from the app settings?

Hi @Vikram Dabas

× It's the back up of all the passwords. Probably 50 or so. 

× Canary (chrome beta) 70.0.3508.0

× I only use enpass on Android. 

× when trying to set up sync on the app. It's always displays "last sync attemp " never a date for a back up. And a back up never appears in the drive folder. Regular enpass works fine. 

I was able to "restore" all the passwords from regular enpass to the beta on a local file.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:07 PM, KidC73 said:

Hi @Vikram Dabas

× It's the back up of all the passwords. Probably 50 or so. 

× Canary (chrome beta) 70.0.3508.0

× I only use enpass on Android. 

× when trying to set up sync on the app. It's always displays "last sync attemp " never a date for a back up. And a back up never appears in the drive folder. Regular enpass works fine. 

I was able to "restore" all the passwords from regular enpass to the beta on a local file.

Hi @KidC73

Thanks for providing the information. One of the possible reason might be that you are using Canary browser for the cloud authorization. Please retry by making Chrome (Stable version) as default browser.

On 8/2/2018 at 1:54 AM, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @KidC73

Thanks for providing the information. One of the possible reason might be that you are using Canary browser for the cloud authorization. Please retry by making Chrome (Stable version) as default browser.

Makes no difference. Using stable chrome still won't back up to Google Drive. Regular Enpass works just fine on wither Chrome or Canary.