Enpass Discussion Forum

Horrible first impressions on the Windows Beta

phg

Scrolling is still horrible. 

There is still a stupid horrible hamburger menu that makes accessing functions uncomfortable on desktop computer.

The desktop app feels like an horrible crossbred mobile app ported to be used on desktop. It is horrible to use.

Buttons are far apart from each other, which makes the app horrible to use in general on a desktop computer using a mouse. 

Enpass 5 used to do everything right and it was awesome. That is why I moved from 1Password to using Enpass - that and linux support. That is the only reason why I purchased the mobile app on both Android and iOS. Only because it had a great Desktop app, which is where I spent most of my time. 

But Enpass 6 is going in a horrible direction of making the app horrible to use on a desktop computer. The new interface is really frustrating. 

Edited by phg

Hi @phg,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your feedback.

11 hours ago, phg said:

Scrolling is still horrible. 

Our dev team is working on it to improve.

11 hours ago, phg said:

The desktop app feels like an horrible crossbred mobile app ported to be used on desktop. It is horrible to use.

Buttons are far apart from each other, which makes the app horrible to use in general on a desktop computer using a mouse. 

I've forwarded your feedback to the concerned team.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @phg,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your feedback.

Our dev team is working on it to improve.

I've forwarded your feedback to the concerned team.

Thanks!

Yes, thank you.

Also important is having a normal menu bar, which adheres to conventions on both Windows and Linux and macOS as well.

The hamburger menu is particularly annoying to have on a desktop app.

One of the most annoying things to see on a desktop app is to have a hamburger menu hiding things that should be on the menu bar.