Enpass Discussion Forum

How is the new Google Drive sync working?

djohannes

With the old Enpass I couldn't use the Google Drive sync anymore because I activated Google's Advanced Account Protection Program so third parties can't see my storage. 

Now with Enpass 6 the Google Drive sync is working without any problem, only that I can't see an Enpass Folder in my drive anymore. 

How exactly is this new Enpass 6 syncing working? Is it like with e.g. whatsapp where you use the "appDataFolder" so you do not need the permission to see all my data? If this is the case how can I delete Enpass files from my google drive if I can't see the folder anymore? 

But thank you for doing this in a "Google's Advanced Account Protection"-friendly way! I was stuck to dropbox for the sync, now it's back on my protected google drive :) - And I think many of the Advanced Protection users will also use a password manager :)

Hi @djohannes,

Thanks for writing in. 

On 8/2/2018 at 3:22 AM, djohannes said:

How exactly is this new Enpass 6 syncing working? Is it like with e.g. whatsapp where you use the "appDataFolder" so you do not need the permission to see all my data?

Yes, it will migrate it's data to own app folder and not require such permissions.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:22 AM, djohannes said:

If this is the case how can I delete Enpass files from my google drive if I can't see the folder anymore? 

To delete the Enpass folder from Google Drive, please follow these steps:

• Login to Google Drive in any Browser -->  Click on Setting icon --> Click on Settings  --> Manage Apps --> Enpass Beta --> OPTIONS  --> Delete hidden app data

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Dear Enpass users,

I've finally been able to get my Enpass (Win 10) syncing with my Google drive. Enpass had not been able to send me to any login page for either goog;e drive, iCloud, OneDrive etc.

It turned out that the default application set for web access in Windows was Firefox. However, I did not have Firefox installed on my machine--so Enpass was waiting endlessly for Firefox to start.

After changing the default web app to Chrome I was able to sync with Google drive. This is a big relief, as I was planning to get another password app.

Regards,

-Sameer