Enpass Discussion Forum

Chrome extension fails to connect

Hello!

I'm new to Enpass (switched from Lastpass ;) ) and so far everything was working really well, but now I have a problem with the Enpass extension for Google Chrome. Extension support is enabled in Enpass Desktop, connection to localhost / 127.0.0.1 is not blocked by any firewall application or AV software, but whenever I try to use the extension it shows me "Enpass connection error" and sometimes the following:

Application

• Name : Enpass Password Manager
  • Version : 5.3.0

Browser

• Connecting Path : There where something wrong to find executable path
  • Error : Unknown error
  • LocalAddress : 127.0.0.1
  • LocalPort : 10391
  • Origin : chrome-extension://kmcfomidfpdkfieipokbalgegidffkal
  • PeerAddress : 127.0.0.1
  • PeerPort : 49469

Operating System

• Name : Windows 2007

Proxy

• Type : NoProxy

If I disable the "Verify browsers" setting in Enpass, it starts working, but I think that could be security risk...

The error "There where something wrong to find executable path" seems important to me, maybe that is connected to the problem? It's working on another PC of mine, so I looked for the differences between the computers.

The computer where it is NOT working has Windows 7 x64 Pro (instead of W10) and a multi-user configuration, so the installer of Google Chrome didn't use the user folder where it usually puts the Chrome binaries. Instead it was automatically installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application" (despite it's the x64 version of Chrome. I don't know why they are installing it to (x86) folder...)

Could it be that Enpass doesn't expect the browser executable at this path?

Edited by tox1c90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm still having the same issues, both using Chrome and Firefox and OS X El Capitan.  I have updated Enpass, the Browser extensions and the browsers to the latest versions.  I think this is still the same problem, as it works if I disable the browser verification (which I'm not willing to do permanently).

Do you have any advice or an estimated timeline for a fix?  I really liked Enpass while it was working, but will be forced to migrate to another software soon.

Hi 

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please provide some more details for further investigation.

• Which Enpass version, Firefox version and Chrome version are you using?
  • Exactly what error message or code are you getting? Please share the screenshot, It will help in clearly understanding your problem and give a clear picture before further proceedings.

Hi,

Thank you  for getting back to me. Here's the information:

-Enpass version 5.3.1 (60)

-Chrome version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit), Enpass extension 5.3.3

-Firefox version 49.0 (Enpass extension 5.3.3)

This is the message I'm receiving using Firefox:

Access Denied! Error 403

Browser's code signature verification failed. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved. Please E-mail the diagnostics below to us at support@enpass.io.

Diagnostics

Application

• Version : 5.3.1

Browser

• Authority-1 : Developer ID Application: Mozilla Corporation
  • Authority-2 : Developer ID Certification Authority
  • Authority-3 : Apple Root CA
  • Connecting Path : /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin
  • Identifier : firefox-bin
  • Origin : resource://jid1-tpts1z1uvun2fa-at-jetpack
  • PeerPort : 50529

Operating System

• Name : OS X 10.11.6

Proxy

• HostName : localhost
  • Port : 8118
  • Type : HttpProxy

Using Chrome, I'm not seeing these diagnostics, only a message saying that I should start the Enpass Desktop application (which I do have open).

Thanks,

enpass.png

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me and answering my question. 

For Firefox:

It seems that you are running Firefox browser via terminal. If yes, please use this command  /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox and try again or you can directly run via double clicking the Firefox.app. 

For Chrome:

I would like to let you know Enpass extension communicate to Enpass over localhost address.  One of the possible reason might be that you are using Proxy settings for local addresses.To resolve the issue please follow the steps given below:  

Go to System Preferences ➝ Network ➝ Ethernet/ WiFi/ Other Network ➝ Advance ➝  Proxies ➝ Web Proxy (HTTP) and in the Bypass proxy settings for these Host & Domains box➝ Add 127.0.0.1 

I have same problem on Opera and Chrome (version 53 and 54 both 32 bit and 64 bit) - I have Windows 10 build 14936 (but prev builds also don't work from September). Every time I'm trying to use enpass in browser I have Enpass Connection Error and I have enabled browers and even disable browser verifications. What Can I do?

• 4 weeks later...

I also have this problem

Access Denied! Error 403

Browser's code signature verification failed. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved. Please E-mail the diagnostics below to us at support@enpass.io.

Application

• Version : 5.3.0.1

Browser

• Connecting Path : There were something wrong to find executable path.
  • Origin : chrome-extension://kmcfomidfpdkfieipokbalgegidffkal
  • PeerPort : 49611

Operating System

• Name : Windows 10

Proxy

• Type : NoProxy

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2016 at 8:55 AM, Dirk Cleiren said:

Hi thanks for the support it is fixed now.

The problem was my Sophos antivirus program, i replaced it with another one.

I had similar with Sophos Home. I found all I needed to do was to go into the Sophos Home web console and add 127.0.0.1 as a website exception and turn of browser verification (I am using Opera and found at various times I needed to do this anyway). I'm not sure this is the safest thing to do as it exposes all local websites without and AV checking but so far it has worked until I can find a way to tighten the access more.

Edited by VinceMarsters