Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync failing after some time with both Onedrive and Google drive

Frank

I have four devices running Enpass: Two PCs with Windows 7, an Android tablet and an Android Smartphone. I had Cloud sync using Onedrive set up, but on both PCs I had the problem that the sync stopped working after a while. Even closing Enpass and starting it up fresh again didn't work, I had to disable cloud sync and re-enable it again. In this process I even lost an account because the changed password was overwritten by the old one from the cloud. I now changed from Onedrive to Google Drive but this morning found the same issue. Last sync: August 24, Last sync attempt: August 31. I'm running latest update on all devices.

Having sync between my Android devices and my Desktop was the sole reason to purchase, it's very disappointing that it now fails. There isn't even any error message giving info on what's going on.

Hi @Frank,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please provide some more info for further investigation.

• Log into your Google Drive and OneDrive account and look for the Enpass folder there (should be one Enpass folder there). Now inside that folder, do you have multiple copies of sync_default.walletx (should be one)?
  • Is your Date and Time info same for all devices ? 

Clock looks okay on all devices.

Windows PC 1 has last sync August 31 2016 10:24:01, last try September 2 2016 13:29:54

Mobile phone has last sync August 26 09:31:27 last try September 2 2016 13:33:05

Google drive says file last modified on August 24. I don't have access to the other two devices right now, will update later.

Guest Ankur Sahu

Hi @Frank,

I would like to let you know, there is a difference between the Last synchronized and Last attempt sync timings. Last synchronized displays the interval when the latest successful data is synced and file update on the cloud. While the Last attempt shows the time interval for the latest check for changes. So there might be different time intervals for both timings.

For Testing Purpose: Do some sample changes in one device like mark any item to favorite, add a new item, add a new folder. Now check does the changes are reflected in other devices and make sure Date and Time settings set to Automatic on all devices.