Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill copy/paste option from Notification (Android)

renz

I am already on record giving my kudos to the Android Autofill feature.

One feature I think would add to it is to have a copy/paste username/password function right from the Notification when the autofill fails to complete for certain apps/websites.  That way, if the autofill can't be used with a certain app (and there are enough that I am asking for this feature to be considered), then a user wouldn't have to open, search, copy and paste from the Enpass app, but would be able to use the pull down notification from Enpass to have the option to copy/paste username/password from that dialog...

• Like 1

Hi @renz,

Thanks for your suggestion. We are really sorry as due to security reason we can't provide the mentioned feature. The reason for this is that whenever you copy any information to the app, then there are chances that the copied information can be accessed by a malicious app and it may be able to read and steal the information. Unfortunately, we can't stop this as Android doesn't provide any API to restrict other apps from accessing clipboard.

On 1 September 2016 at 9:13 PM, renz said:

the autofill fails to complete for certain apps/websites.

In this case you can use Enpass Keyboard to manually fill any information. We strongly recommended user to use Enpass Keyboard instead of copy and paste.