Enpass Discussion Forum

Security audit

Gili

• 2 weeks later...

Third Party Audit on the way, Attachments in Beta, multiple vaults coming too....Well that is all good news.

Great to see Enpass responding to customers in such a positive way.

we've decided to get third party audit of Enpass. But all we need is just some more time as after the upcoming release of Attachments (beta is already there), we'll work on some key features like multiple-vaults with a need of refactoring the core engine, and I think that would be that best time to go for audit, all at once.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, i am using enpass for a long time, even bought it because it was that good, and i would love to buy it for my family too just to support you guys. But the thing is that now i am getting worried, it has been a long time since this thread opened and since you said that you will take the security audit, because to me it seems like you are stalling it. With security problems that multiple password managers are having, i would like to see that audit done ASAP or sadly i might switch platform, a thing i would not like to do but feel like doing if necessary. You are keeping a lot of customers away only for the audit.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2017 at 4:33 PM, Hemant Kumar said:

We would plan for the Security Audit after the Next major release i.e. Enpass 6 as that would have a fat list of features worthy enough for security audit.

Is it possible to advise an approximate time frame for this? (before end 2017, during 2018, later?)

Understanding that Apple support is only part of Enpass's capability, its still worth noting that the new macOS High Seirra will be released Autumn 2017 (Sept 22 to Dec 21) and iOS 11 September 2017.

I wonder if the next release of Enpass and the Third party Audit results might coincide.

Hello guys,

I truly understand concern of all you guys regarding the third party audit. But as I said in my last post that getting the third party audit done for the current architecture will no longer be useful after the next major release, supporting multiple vaults with new architecture. So please bear with us until the next major version is ready for our lovely users (under development). 

Thanks for your understanding!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for Enpass.

Works great and DOESN'T require me to host my usernames, passwords, credit card details, ID information etc on a developers server farm.

Happy to pay what you ask for the software license. Real pleased not to have to pay a monthly subscription.

Really looking forward to Enpass 6 and the subsequent 3rd party Audit too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, isn’t this disappointing. 

Its been over a year, no version 6.

Hence, of course, no Security Audit. 

No idea when this will occur either.

I am thinking “Sinew Software Systems Private Limited” ain’t too focussed on Enpass. 

Well, you had me fooled.... I thought you folk were cool.