Enpass Discussion Forum

Touch- and Face -ID for IOS browser/app plugins

preacha

Hello,

I used 1password before and i am a little disappointed now. I often use the password manager to log in to websites or apps. I can use the enpass extension here but always have to enter the master password. Touch ID or Face ID only work in the main app but not in the extension. This was much more comfortable with 1password.
Is an update planned for the near future? Otherwise I will quickly cancel my purchase at Apple to get the refund and stay at 1password.

Edited by preacha

Hi @preacha 

Thanks for writing in.
I would like to share that Enpass support unlocking the extension using Touch ID and Face ID, but when you're using the extension for the first time, you have to enter the master password. 

On 8/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, preacha said:

I can use the enpass extension here but always have to enter the master password. Touch ID or Face ID only work in the main app but not in the extension.

I would suggest you please try re-enabling the Touch ID or Face ID from Enpass settings if you haven't already. And if the problem persists, please let me know the iOS and Enpass version you're using so that we can investigate further.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• Like 1