Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass grills my MacBook at/after Standby :( :(

72enpass

Hi,

Enpass (newest 5.3 version from App Store) grills my MacBook (without fans) and runs 100%. WTF!!! I bought the iOS version to have all my passwords in sync over my WebDAV server. This is what 1p doesn't deliver. But the behavior of Enpass on my MacBook makes me angry, your app ruin my MacBook!! :(:( 

Doesn't matter if it was running on El Capitan (latest) or now Sierra GM. I just forgot the exit Enpass before going into Standby and let run my MacBook nearly 20h(!!!) at 100% CPU. I have the problem since day 1 with Enpass (2-3 weeks ago).

Please fix this ASAP. Apple shouldn't let this type of apps in the App Store.

72Enpass

Edited by 72enpass

Hi, 

I've got the same problem on my Mac. After standby, Enpass uses about 100% of the CPU activity and that's not all. 

In addition, the browser extension doesn't work any more: when I click on the icon in the toolbar, the pop-up window doesn't appear. I have to relaunch Enpass to get back te smooth functioning but, cmd + Q also doesn't work and I have to click on the Enpass menu, then "Quit Enpass". 

After opening it again, avery works correctly… until an the next standby period. :(

On 9 septembre 2016 at 7:44 PM, 72enpass said:

Apple shouldn't let this type of apps in the App Store.

Er… Ok. This issue is quite annoying, but that doesn't cause a Mac explosion. o.O

High CPU temperature impacts lifetime of your hardware because of heat. Any mobile device running on battery does have a huge shortage of battery lifetime.

Please don't write esoteric things ;) I never write explode. I wrote it grills my hardware and yes, it runs very hot. If I'm unknown of this behaviors it would even now runs hot, nearly 24/7.

Not every common user does have the activity and a temperature monitor running all the time on her/his Mac. Any common user doesn't know something about processes. They want to use App 1, App 2, App 3... for daily work.

Edited by 72enpass

On 9/18/2016 at 8:23 AM, 72enpass said:

High CPU temperature impacts lifetime of your hardware because of heat. Any mobile device running on battery does have a huge shortage of battery lifetime.

Obviously. 

On 9/18/2016 at 8:23 AM, 72enpass said:

I never write explode. I wrote it grills my hardware and yes, it runs very hot

Why did you take that I said personally? O.o

I said "my Mac isn't died". That's all and there is not personal attack or judgment in that. 

Hi @72enpass,

Are you using Webdav/ownCloud Sync? 

A similar issue had been reported earlier on linux with 5.2 update with Webdav/ownCloud:

However, It was not observed on Mac OSX. We tried to reproduce it in our test lab Macs but it works fine here. It would be nice if you can provide us a demo webdav account on your server for further investigation. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @LKo,

Sorry to hear about your trouble and I apologize for the inconvenience. We have identified an issue which might be causing this problem. This issue has been fixed and will be available in the upcoming beta update. I would like to have your feedback on the issue in upcoming beta. Till then I request you to please bear with us.