Enpass Discussion Forum

Fingerprint for Desktopversion

superpit

Hi superpit,

Thanks to letting us know your preference. We have recently released a Universal Version of Enpass for Windows 10 which you can download from Microsoft store. It supports biometrics authentication using Windows Hello.

However, there is no provision for biometrics authentication in our traditional desktop app. As Windows Hello is still in beta and has no API available for Win32 apps. We are waiting for official release of any relevant APIs and as soon as we have  them, we will start working on this feature.

Although they have an older set of biometric framework but implementing that will really be a pain and moreover they may be deprecated once with the release of new set, so we are betting on Windows Hello only.

• 6 months later...

I'm transitioning to enpass from Roboform, which I have used for many years. Roboform has supported FingerPrint unlock in all versions of their Windows client and browser extensions for many years.  The lack of this feature in enpass is a gaping gap between enpass and Roboform.  It must be possible to fix it -- Roboform does it.  Is it on the enpass roadmap?  Unless I misunderstand the usefulness of the universal Windows app, I don't think the fingerprint support in it is very interesting to PC users since the Universal app doesn't interact with the broswer extensions, and it's not as full featured as the desktop app.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DGage said:

I'm transitioning to enpass from Roboform, which I have used for many years. Roboform has supported FingerPrint unlock in all versions of their Windows client and browser extensions for many years.  The lack of this feature in enpass is a gaping gap between enpass and Roboform.  It must be possible to fix it -- Roboform does it.  Is it on the enpass roadmap?  Unless I misunderstand the usefulness of the universal Windows app, I don't think the fingerprint support in it is very interesting to PC users since the Universal app doesn't interact with the broswer extensions, and it's not as full featured as the desktop app.

yes, same arguments by me. Roboform does it with Window Biometric Framework (since Windows 7). Why cant you do this. I have bought your 10 Dollar for you programm but i dont use it with the same arguments as DGage.

pit

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

How come there's still no support on the desktop version of the app? Windows Hello still is in beta version?

Funny thing: they released an integration with Apple's Touch ID and Touch Bar which is limited to a single laptop model and must have a very limited user base. While my Thinkpad, that has a fingerprint reader for more than 10 years, still has no support in the desktop version. Lastpass has it for years!

Come on guys!

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.4.2017 at 10:21 PM, Joe Biker said:

I wouldn't be opposed to spending $10 AFTER I was able to make sure it works with Fingerprint on a Win10 PC.  But I am unlikely to gamble $10, considering the Desktop version apparently doesn't work (with or without fingerprint).

The App fully supports Windows Hello. And Windows Hello supports all kinds of biometrics. Test it, if your Fingerprint reader works for Windows 10 Login through Windows Hello, it'll work on Enpass too. Works for me with the Logitech Brio (3D camera with face recognition). Even the TPM 2.0 chip works for full Hello integration like it is on the Surface Devices.

• 5 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 7:35 AM, Stahlreck said:

The App fully supports Windows Hello. And Windows Hello supports all kinds of biometrics. Test it, if your Fingerprint reader works for Windows 10 Login through Windows Hello, it'll work on Enpass too. Works for me with the Logitech Brio (3D camera with face recognition). Even the TPM 2.0 chip works for full Hello integration like it is on the Surface Devices.

We are referring to Desktop version, not App. Yes, we are aware of UWP supports Windows Hello, but does it autofill also desktop browsers like Chrome, Firefox?

Hi

The current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to sandbox restrictions and unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps. So to use browser extensions you have to stick with the traditional Windows PC App, at least for now. But the good news is that very soon we are gonna overcome this issue of autofilling in Edge, Chrome and the other supported browsers.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...