Enpass Discussion Forum

Doesn't work with Vivaldi

I'm also experiencing this problem with Enpass Chrome extension and the Vivaldi browser (1.0.435.52).  I do have the Enpass 5.0.5 deskop client installed and working fine, on Windows 10.  The error I receive in Vivivaldi when clicking on the Enpass extension is:

Error 403 Access Denied/Forbidden

Browser's code signature could not be verfied. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved.

Hello guys,

You can make Enpass extension work with Vivaldi browser by turning off the Code signature verification in main Enpass App as explained here in user manual. Before that, just have a look at the whole scenario and associated risks (if any, in your case) in turning off the Browser verification. 

Currently Enpass supports extensions for widely used browsers; Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera browser. However the Enpass extension can be installed in many other Chromium based Web browsers available in market, provided they support installation of Chrome extensions (Here Vivaldi browser is your case). So as mentioned here under Communication section, Enpass App validates authenticity of both extension and Browser before making any connection and serving data for autofilling. In case of Vivaldi Browser, Extension Validity Check gets passed but the validity check for Browser gets failed and you get the Error 403. So if you turn off the code signature verification, you can bypass the Browser checking and set your foot into autofilling in Vivaldi Browser. 

To avoid any security risks associated with turning off the code signature verification, please make sure that you download the browser from the legitimate source and double check the authenticity of any extension you install.

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

Hey, there!

I have a comment here. ATM running Linux Mint (17.3) and I do have an issue with extension's communication with the app, however, It does work with chromium (chrome)!

So, the extension (in Vivaldi:latest) opens a new tab saying "Enpass Connection Error". Yes, "Verify browser" is disabled on linux.

Any comments, suggestions? 

P.S. Enpass is a really great piece of software! Like it a lot! :)

10 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Hey, there!

I have a comment here. ATM running Linux Mint (17.3) and I do have an issue with extension's communication with the app, however, It does work with chromium (chrome)!

So, the extension (in Vivaldi:latest) opens a new tab saying "Enpass Connection Error". Yes, "Verify browser" is disabled on linux.

Any comments, suggestions? 

P.S. Enpass is a really great piece of software! Like it a lot! :)

Wanted to notice, that the same combination works just fine on ubuntu 14.04.

Guest Ankur Sahu

Hi @Ruslan

We can understand your concern for Vivaldi browser even if the Code signature verification is disabled. The issue is with some API events in Chrome that are not working properly for Vivaldi due to failure in attempting a socket-connection. A possible work around is to start Enpass before starting the Vivaldi browser.

On 19/04/2016 at 11:33 AM, Ruslan said:

Wanted to notice, that the same combination works just fine on ubuntu 14.04.

In this case you might be starting Enpass before the Vivaldi Browser.

@Ankur Sahu,

Thank you! Yes, it does the trick!

On uBuntu, it doesn't matter, but on Mint (17.3) it does. Enpass has to be started before the Vivaldi!

For the rest of the users, who run into this problem, I do suggest to put it in the auto startup! Just so you do not have to worry about this issue!!! :) 

• Like 1

Yes, it's working with the "workaround".

I started the Enpass desktop client anyway at boot, so it's no problem for me. But it should working too, if you first starting Vivaldi (with installed Enpass extension) and then starting the Enpass desktop client, that's why I have open a bug-report in Vivaldi's bug-tracker.

Here is the link for our discussion in Vivaldi's  forum: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/3rd-party-extensions/10885-enpass-extension-is-not-working

Edited by kar82
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...