Enpass Discussion Forum

Ability to hide OSX dock icon

thoughton

Hi,

I'm a new user. I've previously been using 1Password for a number of years, but I'm strongly considering migrating to Enpass instead.

So far Enpass on Mac OSX seems good, but the one feature I think it's missing is the ability to hide the dock icon when closing the Enpass window but still have the process running in the background (with an icon in the status bar at the top of the screen) so that browser extensions can still trigger the Enpass window to re-open if needed.

I thought (hoped) this might be what the current status bar icon is for, but to be honest the status bar icon doesn't seem to do anything for me at all.

I am using OSX 10.9.5.

Thanks!

PS. If my experience with the OSX version goes well, I plan to also install it on my Windows, Linux and Android systems/devices eventually too.

• Thanks 1

Hi @thoughton,

Thanks for using Enpass. The feature you are talking about is already present in Preferences -> General -> "Hide dock icon when main window is closed". 
Please enable this settings and then close your Enpass Mainwindow. Dock icon will hide and you can use browser extension and menu bar icon.

(Please note this option will be only visible if you have enabled browser extensions).

Cheers!!!

• Thanks 1