Enpass Discussion Forum

Google Drive sync not working on MacOs with Enpass 6 beta

Picnic

I'm trying to sync my primary vault with google drive. The auth windows is opened in the browser and I'm able to click the accept button. Then, I'm redirected to the Enpass application, but nothing happen (I'm stuck with the set up sync panel (see attached screenshot). I tried to run the application in a terminal to have debug info (see second screenshot).

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.08.26.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.08.15.png

• Like 1

I was trying to connect the Enpass 6 beta for Windows 10 with an existing Vault on Google Drive and had similar problems:
Enpass opens a browser tab with my Google account and asks me if I want to connect Enpass to it, but after I confirm, Enpass 6 only says "There went something wrong while restoring." in red.

Enpass 30.09.2018 18_37_18.png

Edited by Flintheart

Same problem here. 

Also UI Suggestion:  Add an indication on the per-Vault display to indicate that there are settings available if you click it (took me awhile to realize that's where the sync settings were) see attached (Not in red though -- that's just editorial :-) )

screen.png

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

The sync issue with Google Drive has already been fixed and an update with the fixes along with other enhancements is already in the QA phase and hopefully, it will be rolled very soon.

We appreciate your patience. 

13 hours ago, Jas said:

Also UI Suggestion:  Add an indication on the per-Vault display to indicate that there are settings available if you click it (took me awhile to realize that's where the sync settings were) see attached (Not in red though -- that's just editorial :-) )

Noted for further improvement.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My problem is similar. Since I updated the Mac to Mojave I decided to try Enpass 6 for Mac, but removed it quickly as I don't think its quite ready to be my daily driver.  I reinstalled 5:53 and restored a pre Beta 6 data and it it seems fine until I try to sync with Google Drive. 

It prompts me for an Enpass password on Google Drive. I tried my existing Master password but it won't accept it and gives same dialog box. I changed the master password and its the same problem. Is this a remnant of the 6 Beta that I removed? How to move forward on this?

Move the discussion if its in the wrong place

Hey @TechniSmart,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.This prompt means that you need to provide the master password of Enpass data present on the respective cloud (not your cloud login password). For more details please have a look at this FAQ.

If the problem persists, please follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Turn off the sync from all devices.
  • Login into GoogleDrive in any Browser-->  Open Enpass Folder --> Select Sync_default.walletx file --> Rename it as oldSync_default.walletx.
  • Now open Enpass and turn on the sync.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But then again, remember I said Enpass 6 may not be ready for primetime time...

Now I do not remember my Master Password on the Android 6.0.1 cell.`

Playstore did an automatic update to Enpass 6 and it had removed the previous version. I normally leave Play Store updates on manual to prevent a disastrous buggy update..

I cannot remember the Master Password on the phone as I originally (mistakenly) thought the data file on Google Drive kept the same password. for all devices. 

So, can I simply uninstall Enpass and then reinstall restoring from Google Drive? Will that restore the Master Password used on Google Drive?

Or, is there an easier way to get back in?

Thanks Anshu.