Enpass Discussion Forum

WIll there be a Beta of Enpass 6 Portable soon?

Florian

• 3 months later...

Today my browser plugin updated to the stable version. Unfortunately it did this on my office computer (no admin rights, therefore running a portable version).

Now the plugin stopped working, telling me to upgrade to Enpass 6 –  which I'd really prefer to do, as soon as there is Enpass6.0 for all my platforms...

Is there any chance of
a) releasing a portable version of Enpass 6 soon?
b) Or, at least, a way to downgrade the plugin, so I can continue using autofill?

Thanks in advance,
benedikt

• Like 2

12 hours ago, benediktw said:

Hey Anshu

For a reason I can't explain my company now filters download from your website as malicious. As a consequence I cannot upgrade to version 6 but my browser extensions did. As for benediktw I would love to have the ability to downgrade the plugin while you're developing a version 6 for portable enpass.

Thank you so much

George

Ditto here... the portable version (and happy to take a beta version) would be greatly appreciated...

Or some suggested work arounds in the meantime (i.e. is there a way to export current v 6 wallet into format that current portable version could take in - I don't mind manually loading the wallet until the sync can work again).

Edited by renz

Hello,

I have been using enpass for a long time and paid for the full ios/android clients. Since  upgrade to 6 I miss a portable 

version which I can use on me business notebook on which I do not have the rights to install software.

I have all my passwords in enpass so a portable version ist mandatory for me, otherwise I can not access 

my passwords on my company notebook.

Will there be a portable version soon ?

If no portable version will be available, I have to say goodbye to enpass.

Thank you

• Like 3

On 12/29/2018 at 9:29 PM, Maik said:

Hello,

I have been using enpass for a long time and paid for the full ios/android clients. Since  upgrade to 6 I miss a portable 

version which I can use on me business notebook on which I do not have the rights to install software.

I have all my passwords in enpass so a portable version ist mandatory for me, otherwise I can not access 

my passwords on my company notebook.

Will there be a portable version soon ?

If no portable version will be available, I have to say goodbye to enpass.

Thank you

When working with different systems, with or without administrative rights, then the portable version of Enpass is a must. The portable version of Enpass is the only way to work on systems without administrative rights, at least on Windows. Please provide an update fast. Thank you!

PS: It creates a great confusion that there is no reference about the portable version on the download website. As if the portable version is no longer supported. 

Edited by D J
  • Like 1

Anshu- 

Enpass reflects unkindly on itself by completely ignoring Portable users on the primary website.

Absent a dev time for the updated portable App, your DEV TEAM should create a CONVERSION tool to take the new DB format of *.enpassdb  (or is it *.enpassdbsync) into a Portable-readable   *.walletx

Suggest this should be a priority.  ;) ###

• Like 1

Hi, Enpass Forums. 

I am a long-time user of Enpass in the portable form. My lovely Android app updated -- however, I haven't seen any updates for the Windows portable version. 

I have two key questions:

1. When you do release the portable version, which I'm sure you are working on, knowing your awesome developer team, how will the payment system work? If I understand it correctly, through the Microsoft Store, you need to purchase the "pro" features, how will this be done on the portable version? 

2. Will the sync between Enpass version 5 ever be removed, as you try and bring people onto your new version? 

I appreciate any feedback on my questions.

Thank you Enpass for being the number 1 choice. 

Austyn C.

Edited by Austyn Cohen
  • Like 1

*sigh* You could have warned that upgrading to Enpass 6 would not be supported with the portable version.  Now I have 2 separate vaults, one for v5 and one for v6, that are out of sync, and no news when the portable version will be up to speed.  Poor execution.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/20/2018 at 9:19 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @Florian

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment I can't assure you any ETA. We are working tirelessly  to bring the stable version of Enpass 6 (regular) for all the supported platform. It will take about two month after that for Portable version. 

I really appreciate your patience.

Hi Anschu,

my initial question is now 4 month old. Isn't there any release-plan for a portable version? For me it would be shocking to hear that a software-company doen't plan his releases.

Florian

On 1/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

At the moment I can not confirm you any ETA and would say that Portable version is in the priority list. We will update you once it is out for beta.

Thanks for your love and understanding.

Not even a rough schedule ?

im really disappointed in Enpass.

I did not know, that Enpass 6 is not compatible with Enpass 5 (and the portable version). In no press release was mentioned this problem.

No i used the apps parallel for the last 3 weeks and found out just know. now i have 2 databases syncing, and also different login details in different vaults.... now i can manually sit down and sort which login detail from the portable app i need to migrate to enpass 6 vault.

i stopped using Enpass and switched back to lastpass.

Further to earl.grey's comment and my post of December 29, I know this is a priority for Enpass as Anshu stated last week, but perhaps a quick fix while the beta is being developed is to have a way for the current portable app to at least read (not sync with) an exported Enpass 6 wallet file... at least then, we could load a version of our latest wallet file into our portable app (even if we have to manually copy/paste logins into our browser)...

• Thanks 1

After installing 6 on my macbook can't sync with my GALAXY s4. Playstore says new ENPASS Version is incompatible with my device. So like to know if there will be a beta 6 covering older android phones? Otherwise if have the choice between new mobile phone or alternative app. 

+1 Please add a portable version of Enpass 6!

I don't know about others, but BlueCoat filtering in place at my workplace keeps cloud syncing with my preferred method (Google) from working.This was the case with Enpass 5 as well, but the portable version would sync (something is blocked in the initial sync authorization, but on a portable install, it was possible to set it up on another computer).