Enpass Discussion Forum

Hope dies last, but it dies.

Vargo

Enpass 6 Beta 1 was launched on 14 June, Beta 2 on 4 July; now it's 5th October and Beta 3 is nowhere in sight. I can't see how Enpass will ever become a viable option for the corporate environment where I intended to deploy it. 

I'm outta here. All the best!

Edited by Vargo

2 hours ago, Gilrich said:

Right? I was almost  fanboy-ish when I first heard about Enpass. But the long waits with the even longer periods of silence make me lose a lot of faith in the team. I'm currently evaluating other options.

Same here. I have difficulties to understand that they spend time and resources on a Linux version that runs on less than 2% of all computers versus the 83% of the world market that is Windows. I need a professional password manager and this ain't it.  

2 hours ago, Vargo said:

Same here. I have difficulties to understand that they spend time and resources on a Linux version that runs on less than 2% of all computers versus the 83% of the world market that is Windows. I need a professional password manager and this ain't it.  

Me too, that's why I need a Linux Build. A missing linux build is why I can't use 1Password, for example.

Cross-Platform support is important, so I'm very grateful that the Enpass team keeps up their good work. The most important thing is, that the final product works as flawless as possible, and their beta cycle(s) are there to ensure that.

(Not to mention that they JUST released a new build for all platforms ;-))

I also don't understand how basic functions can take so long to develop, some password manager projects developed by a single person go faster than they do. 
For example, I've been waiting for several years to don't have to enter the master password at each startup as it's the case for other password managers... 2 years of development to just add multiple vault (whithout users permissions rights) and a new UI, it's not serious. Fortunately, the app remained at the same price.

Edited by Avogadro