Enpass Discussion Forum

Fingerprint unlock behaving erraticaly

Moaske

Hi, latest beta, 6.0.0.58 behaves worse than the previous beta regarding the use of the fingerprint to unlock. I have already set the setting "ask for masterpassword at least..." to the longest option available (1 month) and still it asks me for the password almost every time I start Enpass afresh.

Enpass 5 did a much better job at this :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since my last post we've moved to beta version 6.0.0.75, and still no improvement. It asks me for my full password every f***ing day, instead of offering to unlock with fingerprint (only when I've used Enpass like one hour ago or something). Could you guys please fix this?

Wait: it gets worse: after opening Enpass (first time, so with password) and leaving it untouched till it locks by time-out. It doesn't offer either fingerprint, nor the possibility to enter the password when I return to it.
I have to manually kill the app with task view, before reopening it for it to respond (and yes; this time it offers me fingerprint)

Same problem(s) here. It is really annoying currently to have to type in the master password that often. Out in the open I have to type a long nasty password on a smartphone display where everyone could watch .... that's exactly something I do NOT want and one of the reasons to use a password manager in the first place.

From the way it manifests I can only assume it is a bug (and not by design). Which gives me hope. Otherwise it might become a show stopper for me :-/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hitman said:

... Out in the open I have to type a long nasty password on a smartphone display where everyone could watch .... that's exactly something I do NOT want and one of the reasons to use a password manager in the first place...

I couldn't agree more.... :)

This bug needs fixing ASAP! #PrettyPleaseWithSugarOnTop

On 11/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @Moaske,

Thanks for reporting this issue and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We have found the issue and a fix will be available in the next update.

Thanks!

Hi @Anshu kumar

That's good to hear, that the issue has already been identified (aaand fixed) :)
And thanks for letting us know!

Can't wait for the update to arrive. On a sidenote: is the Enpass 6 app nearing completion, or that still a far way off?

Edited by Moaske

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 9:54 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hopefully, the final version will be available before the end of this month.

Cheers!

I have got the update that replaces stable 5 version with beta 6. However, I do not see any fix on the fingerprint for Android Pie, getting a message

failed to encrypt the data with generated key

Can you pls confirm, whether the fingerprint is actually fixed for Android Pie?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,

I have just purchased the Pro version.

When I launch the app, I am prompted with fingerprint, if the fingerprint is correct then I am prompted with master password ALL THE TIME.

I restarted the phone, no change.

Please fix this issue.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Comeylo said:

Hello,

I have just purchased the Pro version.

When I launch the app, I am prompted with fingerprint, if the fingerprint is correct then I am prompted with master password ALL THE TIME.

I restarted the phone, no change.

Please fix this issue.

Cheers

Hi,

Can you screen shot your setting found in the security section so we can see how things are currently set up?