Enpass Discussion Forum

A new beta update of Enpass 6 is now available for Linux, macOS and Windows

Vikram Dabas

Hey @100 Watt Walrus,

6 hours ago, 100 Watt Walrus said:

New bug: Sometimes it's not possible to scroll within the Edit UI. For example, when I bring up a new Default template, I can't get to anything below the Tags field, unless I make the window bigger. No scrolling, no scrollbars.

Quitting and relaunching Enpass fixes the problem. But it's happened at least 3 times in the last week.

Haven't been able to discern how this problem comes about, but will provide steps to recreate if I can figure them out.

Running El Capitan (10.11.6) on MacBook Pro Late 2009.

I've noted it down.

Thanks!

On 11/11/2018 at 2:55 AM, 100 Watt Walrus said:

Might have mentioned this before, but I need the ability to move an item from one vault to another, and I don't seem to find that functionality.

Select Passwort. Right mouse button. Bottom of list you find. Add to Vault. New internal frame appears with two options. move/copy. 

Edit: Just noticed that Option "Add to Vault" is not available if you have selected "All Vaults" view.  You need to first select origins Vault in the top left.

Edited by remosito

On 11/3/2018 at 1:14 AM, 100 Watt Walrus said:

Roger that. It wasn't clear to me you were talking about Windows, but that may have been a reading-comprehension failure on my part. And I think you're right, the Enpass team hasn't said anything about addressing usability issues on Windows. I was a bit surprised that this release got a single thread for Mac, Windows, and Linux — but then that may be a function of the Enpass team's desire to focus on bugs at this juncture. Granted, it would have been helpful had that been made clear.

I'm in 100% agreement that the whole UI concept needs a revisit (I just posted a few bullet points of my own on that front). Porting an Android UI to desktops isn't going to get the job done, and it would be reassuring to see the Enpass team address this with a "don't worry, folks, we'll get to it ASAP."

As I told you in the previous posts, and considering the replies they've given in this post where they have explicitly avoided mentioning any UI improvements for Windows, there is no hope of fixing the app. I recommend everyone who wants a good native cross platform desktop password manager to avoid Enpass. 

And given other posts, I also recommend that people be very careful about upgrading to version 6 as well, because it seems they are making it even more difficult exporting data by using a non-standard .json format, instead of the .csv version 5 used to accept. 

Yesterday I've started using Enpass v6 beta and it's amazing! Thank you for the huge work.

However, being a beta, there are some bugs...

• App crash on Windows 10:
    • Create a file and name it "Carta d'identità.jpg" (size and contents don't matter)
    • Attach the file and try to save
    • The app crashes (on Linux it works fine, maybe on Windows there is a problem with the non-standard chars)
  • No refresh after changing category:
    • On the left, select the "Login" category
    • Select an item in that category
    • Right click it and change its category
    • The category is changed but the list is not automatically refreshed
  • No file name when saving an attachment:
    • Open an item with an attachment
    • Right click the attachment and chose "Save"
    • In the file chooser dialog the file name and type are blank

On Windows, when permanently deleting items by emptying the trash, their attachments are left on the disk (and cloud storage).

• Create an item with one ore more attachments
  • Delete that item
  • Right-click the trash and empty it
  • The item is deleted but its attachments are left on the disk (and cloud storage)