Enpass Discussion Forum

When will wifi syncing be supported?

Aleph

Hello there...

I usually don't post comments on forums because most of the time I can find a solution for what I'm searching for. Now, the main reason I'm moving from 1Password to Enpass is because I read somewhere on the forum that WiFi sync will be implemented on the next update. Today I downloaded the Beta just to find out that WiFi sync is not there...! I believe I'm not alone in this quest. Many users like me are very concerned about keeping their data in Cloud servers. Not to mention that I own a Mac and a Windows PC and it would be very easy to synchronize the data between the 2 computers (or more) over WiFi. Don't forget the iOS version of Enpass also. Otherwise, the WiFi feature would be useless...

Please, make it happen!  We're all counting on you guys.

Edited by Aleph
  • Like 3

On 10/11/2018 at 5:38 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @Aleph 

Thanks for writing in and sorry to have kept you waiting for so long.

The feature of the Wifi sync is already on our roadmap and will be available after the final release of Enpass 6. 

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for your reply. But that should be implemented with the beta version so we can test it under different environments. Adding it at the end of the beta process is only calling for problems later.

Also, could we have only 1 thread for the beta testing program? I asked the same question in the main thread (https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/topic/4576-a-new-beta-update-of-enpass-6-is-now-available-for-linux-macos-and-windows/& dedicated to the latest version (220), but I find the answer here. Could you regroup those different threads dedicated to the beta version? TIA.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Agree!  The ability to sync directly between devices without having to expose data to the cloud was the whole reason I originally switched to Enpass, and it used to do it automatically before the upgrade.  Anxiously awaiting, for sure!  

• 2 weeks later...

I am also waiting for the WiFi Sync to finally use Enpass, when are you planning to release this?

And i hope you want leave as waiting for to long,.....also dont forget the WiFi function in the portable version 6 please!!

Dont let us wait so long!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 5:17 AM, Rolly said:

Hi SailorTed

Sorry, but the WiFi function has been abandoned already in January 2019.

Most users do not understand the security impact of cloud synchronization and therefore did not request the WiFi synchronization. And for a few users, it was probably to complicated/expensive to implement.

Best regards,

Rolly

Boo sauce, I was about to purchase :/... This is not the password manager I was looking for, move along!

Hi , i just come from 1Password to Enpass. 

After a long wait i just look if there the wlan sync would be build inside enpass. 

But i, like others too,do not find that wlan Sync. I use Enpass on a Windows PC , an iPad and a iPhone. 

For me it is a need , i do not want to sync to clouds. For me it is fine to sync it at my private wlan network between all my devices. 

Without that Enpass feels not round . So i would like to ask friendly when the wlan Sync feature will come. 

And when it comes would it be possible to sync between PC , iPad and iPhone ?

Thank your for your patience .

Greets Stephan

P.S. just read the message above , from J_Thomas and hope the will do it anyway 

Edited by Lisino
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I purchased Enpass 6 because of the promises to implement wifi sync and I am still waiting for this to happen.

I do not like to sync passwords via any cloud (dropbox, apple, google or whatever), I have my database stored on my own Synology network drive and just want to sync the database to every device when connected to my local wifi. The 1 Password way of doing that, where a computer of your choice acts like a master and syncs the database from the network storage to all devices when you open 1 Password on them would also be fine.

Are you still planning on implementing this or can I stop looking at your forum every month to see if it finally arrived?

Thank you.

Can I suggest that those users who do not want to sync to an external cloud as a work around think of purchasing a Raspberry Pi and installing DietPi.  DietPi has a fairly easy setup for a bunch of default apps one of which is NextCloud, which would allow you to sync your data within your own network.  No I understand it is not as straight forward as WLAN Sync but it would be a solution. 

• 1 month later...

WiFi sync ABANDONDED? How can such an ESSENTIAL feature not be implemented FIRST?

And what‘s that nonsense about „to complicated“ or „risks involved with WLAN“? 1password has this feature, and it WORKS like a charm.

Unfortunately their „subscription/cloud“-pushing leads me to looking for other solutions. But not having a LOCAL sync (including the possibility via a shared network drive, to sync between various computers in the LAN) is a hard pass for me.

So Enpass was in my close circle of possible alternatives, but seems it already dropped out. Sorry.

4 hours ago, Till said:

WiFi sync ABANDONDED? How can such an ESSENTIAL feature not be implemented FIRST?

And what‘s that nonsense about „to complicated“ or „risks involved with WLAN“? 1password has this feature, and it WORKS like a charm.

Unfortunately their „subscription/cloud“-pushing leads me to looking for other solutions. But not having a LOCAL sync (including the possibility via a shared network drive, to sync between various computers in the LAN) is a hard pass for me.

So Enpass was in my close circle of possible alternatives, but seems it already dropped out. Sorry.

Exactly my opinion. Great in a nutshell