Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass collapsing/shutting down after Sierra OS update

rodolfo.hola@gmail.com

Hi, after updating my OS to Sierra, every time I open enpass and enter my master password, the app runs a bit and then collapse. It shut down. I can't use it. 

I really need to have access to my password. 

This a piece of the report of the crashing:

Time Awake Since Boot: 1400 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        2  Dispatch queue: com.apple.FileCoordination.3

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Could you please help?

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem. I guess it is because Apple changed something on iCloud Drive. So you have to use another Syncing method like Dropbox.

Therefor you have to uninstall the app using AppCleaner https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ but copy the "sync_default.walletx" file from your iCloud Drive first to your Desktop. Then just drag and drop Enpass into Appcleaner and uninstall it. Then reinstall Enpass and open it and choose "I'm an existing user" or something like that and than choose "from Backup file".  Then you can change the syncing method to e.g. dropbox in the settings window. 

• Like 1

Hi @knarz3r,

I apologize for the inconvenience! :(

I have forwarded this issue to concerned team. Meanwhile I suggest you to please download the website version of Enpass to check if it crashes on your mac. In case of any crash, please share the crash report with us.

Also please drop us an email at support@enpass.io mentioning a link to this discussion and I will take it further after this weekend. I really appreciate your patience.

Happy weekend!