Enpass Discussion Forum

browser extension does not connect to desktop app anymore

Hey @easytherm

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Please share some more info so that we can help you better.

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version and Enpass extension version are you using?
  • Which Edge and Chrome version are you using?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or any third party security-related extension?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and just installed Security Update 2018-002. This seems to have broken the Enpass Chrome extension. Elsewhere on this forum, someone with Mojave is also has a similar complaint.

When I try to open the browser extension I get the connection error page in a new tab briefly, but it immediately turns into the standard new tab page.

Extension: 5.5.2

Chrome: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Enpass: 5.6.11 (155)

Hey @probate 

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

I've forwarded this issue to the QA team to look into it. Meanwhile, I suggest you please try re-installing the App. 

NOTE: Before re-installing the app make sure you already have the backup of Enpass data.

If the problem persists,  please perform following troubleshooting steps and share the output via support@enpass.io

Verify from the Activity Monitor if an executable with the name 'Enpass Helper' is running. If yes, please run this command in the terminal and share the results: 

• lsof -i:10391

Where 10391 is the port number and if there is no output (blank), please try with other port numbers between 10391 to 10395. 

Also, please let me know are you facing the same problem with other supported browsers too?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thanks Anshu. It works in Firefox and Safari.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Enpass app, and also the Chrome extension. Still the same.

Enpass Helper is running, and the lsof output is:-

COMMAND    PID     USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
Enpass    2672 joheller   26u  IPv4 0x23d5fe3e5d102cbb      0t0  TCP localhost:10391 (LISTEN)
Enpass    2672 joheller   28u  IPv4 0x23d5fe3e5d10109b      0t0  TCP localhost:10391->localhost:52212 (ESTABLISHED)
EnpassHel 2687 joheller    9u  IPv4 0x23d5fe3e5d10073b      0t0  TCP localhost:52212->localhost:10391 (ESTABLISHED)

I used wireshark to capture traffic on port 10391 on the loopback interface, and it appears to show the websocket being closed by the extension soon after it is established. I'll send the packet capture to support. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 09.29.10.png

Edited by probate
  • Like 1

Another update on this. Enpass settings were reset my re-install. I'd set up the Sync to get back my passwords but hadn't looked at any other settings.

I looked through the settings again and spotted the 'Verify browsers' checkbox. I can't recall what it was set to before, but I unset it and Chrome now works. Could something have changed there? Does Chrome need normally to be unset?