Enpass Discussion Forum

First click on Chrome extension icon never works

Hello!

I have the following problem: Whenever I click the Enpass extension icon for the first time after starting Chrome (doesn't matter if Enpass is already unlocked or not), the small Enpass box is just flashing up for a few milliseconds. I have to click it for a second time to make it stay visible. After that everything is fine until I restart Chrome -> same thing again.

Any suggestions?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This problem exists since April ¬¬

See my post

"Hi, here the same Windows 10 x64 with german keyboard layout.

Another Shortcut dont resolves the problem.

I think the shortcut is not the problem. I get the same behavior with a mouse click on the Browser Addin"

Edited by iSCSI

Yup, same issue with chrome 53 and windows 10 anniversary. This has existed since I started using enpass, which was february 17th 2016.

When I use ctrl-/, the enpass window very briefly appears, then hides again. Second time using the shortcut the window works as intended.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately even with latest version of Enpass, this is still the case :(

Doesn't seem to depend on the browser extension though (same problem with Chrome and FF), it also happens sometimes when I click on Enpass icon in system tray, but only when extension support is enabled. Small Enpass box only appears briefly and I have to click a second time on the icon.

Edited by tox1c90

On 29.9.2016 at 8:33 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @tox1c90,

Sorry to hear about your trouble and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are looking into this issue and we will try to fix this issue asap. Till then please bear with us.

This problem has been around for months. It occurs on all of my devices. Even my colleagues have it. I don't understand why it's not fixed yet. That's not an individual case.

Edited by Tobias S.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue has been fixed now!

Guys, we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you with an understanding of the situation there with you where every time you have to see the flash of Enpass helper (as extension window). But truly speaking this was a very nasty bug hidden behind the layers of OS causing the extension to go out of scope if the browser was started after the Enpass. And while in process of fixing this issue we were in such an unsettling situation that we were not able to update you with any expected ETA. 

Well, this weekend we made ourselves to resolve this issue, and finally, it has been squashed now. The fix will be available to you in the upcoming beta version very soon. You can get the updates for beta versions here in the Forums:
https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/topic/1161-enpass-beta-v55-for-desktops-brings-attachments-support/

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...