Enpass Discussion Forum

Is is possible to launch Enpass for Mac with text entry field active?

Alan in Oakland

I always launch Enpass from the Launchpad (pinch in with 4 digits on trackpad). It seems that the first time I launch the app, the text entry field for the password is not selected, so I have to click on the window first. Subsequent launches (after quit) seem to work just as they should. I haven't yet figured out exactly under what circumstances the text entry field fails to be active (perhaps it is the first launch after sleeping??), but if someone can figure this out and fix it, it would be great.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:43 PM, Alan in Oakland said:

I always launch Enpass from the Launchpad (pinch in with 4 digits on trackpad). It seems that the first time I launch the app, the text entry field for the password is not selected, so I have to click on the window first. Subsequent launches (after quit) seem to work just as they should. I haven't yet figured out exactly under what circumstances the text entry field fails to be active (perhaps it is the first launch after sleeping??), but if someone can figure this out and fix it, it would be great.

@Alan in Oakland - this was a bug in a prior version. I've asked whether it was ever fixed since, I'm seeing the same behaviour you've described. Something is stealing the focus from the Enpass window the moment after it starts which is pretty weird. There must be something going on in the background.

Will be interested to hear from the Enpass team or other community users on if this is a bug or a feature?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...