Enpass Discussion Forum

[Linux] Enpass browser extension won't connect to App

Meister

When clicking on the extension icon on the browser on Linux in order to connect it to the Enpass app, I get a popup about an unknown browser trying to connect.

However if I click on "Allow", the popup just disappears and nothing happens. Even if i just click besides the button the popup also just disappears.

Is there any specific reason, why Enpass thinks I am using an unknown browser? Or is there a way to skip that check? It's just the normal Chrome.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.1 with KDE.

enpass.png

Edited by Meister

• 3 weeks later...

For me it's even worse. The first click on the Enpass icon does nothing, all further clicks show a "enpass is not running" error (although it is running). I guess some background process dies right after the first try. This happens with Chrome based browsers and Firefox as well.

On Windows it works, though. On all my Linux machines it currently doesn't.

Just now, wolfyrion said:

I have just upgraded all my Linux devices to version 6 as well  and I have the same problem

Both Firefox,Waterfox and Chromium  extensions cannot connect to ENPASS

So you have Linux version 6.0.0.197 and chrome extension version 6.0.0.56?

I have tried a few things even added a macro key to bring up the Assistant but every time I try to click to allow the connection it just disappears.

I have also tried many things with window rules but I am unable to click on the enpass assistant buttons when you Left click , it just disappears.

Different problem for me ... the window doesn't even show. (Also I'm usually not using KDE, but tried it there as well without success).

Interesting though ... I looked into the chrome debugger and the extension apparently tries ports 10394, 10395, 10392, 10393 and repeats .... it does not however try port 10391, where Enpass actually listens on.

Edited by Hitman

Hi @Hitman,

Thanks for trying out the beta. Please make sure you have  "lsof" dependency installed on your system. 

If the problem persists, please let me know:

• Are you using multiple user on your linux machine and running the Enpass App on both users?
  • Which Enpass version and Browser extension version you are using?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Ankur Gupta said:

Hi @Hitman,

Thanks for trying out the beta. Please make sure you have  "lsof" dependency installed on your system. 

If the problem persists, please let me know:

• Are you using multiple user on your linux machine and running the Enpass App on both users?
  • Which Enpass version and Browser extension version you are using?

Thanks.

$ lsof -v
lsof version information:
    revision: 4.91
    latest revision: ftp://lsof.itap.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/
    latest FAQ: ftp://lsof.itap.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/FAQ
    latest man page: ftp://lsof.itap.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/lsof_man
    constructed: Wed Mar 28 21:26:35 PDT 2018
    constructed by and on: builduser@anatol
    compiler: cc
    compiler version: 7.3.1 20180312 (GCC) 
    compiler flags: -DLINUXV=414008 -DGLIBCV=226 -DHASIPv6 -DNEEDS_NETINET_TCPH -DHASUXSOCKEPT -DHASPTYEPT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DHAS_STRFTIME -DLSOF_VSTR="4.14.8" -O
    loader flags: -L./lib -llsof 
    system info: Linux anatol 4.15.13-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 25 11:27:57 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Only root can list all files.
    /dev warnings are disabled.
    Kernel ID check is disabled.
  • Enpass claims to be version 6.0.0.197
  • The Browser extension claims to be 6.0.0.56 (Chrome)
  • I have currently only one user session - ("ps ax | grep enpass" only contains one entry)
  • ss -a - l -n -p reports "tcp               LISTEN              0                    128                                                                                          0.0.0.0:10391                                             0.0.0.0:*"

All my systems are running ArchLinux and I have that problem no matter what desktop environment I tried (gnome, cinnamon, kde/plasma). Is there anything else I can check for?

Oh and Enpass 5 worked on those systems and as far as I can tell the first beta of Enpass 6 as well.

Edited by Hitman

I've got the exact same problem. I tried all browsers, always with the latest extension. I'm using Arch Linux as well and the browser extension for Enpass 6 beta worked for version 6.0.0.105 until the extension update yesterday. (version 6.0.0.149 had the same problem for me)

I tried to force Enpass to use another port than 10391, however, the problem persists. In this case TCP packages to 10391 are actually sent.